HF1A T case part number help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Threads
178
Messages
1,844
Location
New Braunfels, Texas
Installing a HF1A along with the harness and gauge cluster from a 79 series with ABS brakes. I’m installing everything in a 79 without ABS. The T case has the plug and the harness has the connector (capped) I have a speed sensor that I installed but the T case does not have the gear installed to drive the signal. Need to know what parts are needed and the part numbers to install the gear in the T case.
IMG_0265.webp
IMG_0263.webp
 
Thanks, hope this is all I need when I pull the tail housing off.
 
Installed the new gear and speedo still does not work? Guessing it might be electrical, anyone have any ideas?
 
Test the sensor by turning it with a drill and checking the dashboard.

Drive (on the transfer output shaft) and driven (in the sensor/pickup housing) gears need to be matched. It could be that they are mismatched and don't engage correctly, if for example the driven gear in your sensor is a non-standard size.
 
Back
Top Bottom