Help! Roof Top Tent Corner Out of Track (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I ran into an odd issue. I noticed that the corner of the TJM Yulara tent canopy is actually NOT in the plastic corner grooved track. It's actually sitting on top of the groove and it's created about a baseball size hole in the corner of the tent. It's on the right side of the ladder. I can't squish the 3/8" tube enough to put it back in the 1/8" slot and I've no idea how to remove the 3 foot of tent between the corner and the hinge area to re-thread it. I'm afraid to break the plastic corner or destroy the beaded edge or fabric trying to reinsert it.

I've no idea how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

pics?

I'll take one next time I get it opened up.

With the tent folded just start working the bead out of the corner until you get to the part that's kinked, then just slide it back in correctly. The reason you need it folded is to relieve the tension of the fabric. Probably harder to describe than to actually do.

Here's the pic.

That makes so much more sense to do it closed. Didn't even consider that. Thanks!

20191013_102724.jpg

I easily removed and re-fed the affected corner with the tent closed. The bummer is that due to some chipped plastic, it pops out quite easily. I'll have to source new plastic corners I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom