Help me Decide for my mild Lift Gx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can not decide. Why is this so tough?

o4 GX470. 2 inch lift. Mostly my Second car for Daily Driver. But also the Family/Baby Mobile. I live in Colorado. Want to go back to do the 4wd trails I used to do. I have used Yokohama Geolander AT-S in the past on my Tundra. Good tire. Not great. Radial Trail T/A. Those where horrible. I think I used REVO's Also a good tire.
As it's mostly a DD I don't want NOISE and I want a good ride. Can't stand noise. The tire reviews on Tire rack say the the BFG TA KO2 is the ideal tire. Not loud. If that is true then I need to decide between the C and the E. I am thinking C just for comfort level. I have never damaged a tire on the trail in the past.
The next is the Kuhmo Road Venture AT51. It is the second highest rated on Tire Rack. Available in C and E load. Better reviews then the Firestone. Which I know are good tires.
Finally, I could change size to a 245/75 17 instead of the 265/70. But those are LT tires. That may be a step in the wrong direction. Away from Comfort.
Kinda Leaning towards the BFG TA KO2 or the Kuhmo in the non LT/E rating. I like the KO2 because I assume even in C or lighter duty rating it's got better sidewall protection..

We run KO2s on my wife's 2014 Sequoia and I have been extremely impressed. There on road manners are very good and they performed exceptionally this winter. I'm a big fan.

You can't go wrong with KO2's. Some of my friends run them and haven't heard complaints from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom