Help finding drop pitman arm? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a 3" - 4" drop arm that fits a saginaw box 32 spline output and chevy small taper TRE (1/2" - 5/8") that is longer reach than the standard CJ7 5.5" center to center. 7" center to center (measured parallel) would be ideal but 6.5" will work.

Note: This is for a 40 with 4 bolt/4.25 turn box to Advanced Adapter drag link

Custom fabricated would be considered

Jeff,
Did you call advanced adapters?
Or try Luke at 4x4 labs
Mudrak of course.
Thanks for the response
AA doesn't have a drop longer than 5.5. They sent me a 6.5 flat.
Talked to Gary this morning. He can't make one with more than 1" drop. He said try a Skyjacker 1104. Emailed Skyjacker to confirm length but haven't received a reply yet.
Will call Luke tomorrow, but Gary said he's out of stock.
Gotta keep beating the bushes 'till I succeed

Sorry, meant Superlift. Skyjacker only has 5.5

Thanks. Been on phone quite a bit with Parts Mike this a.m. VERY friendly, knowledgeable guy. Their part number led to several options, but they have to do a bit of research and get back to me. The large drag link taper may lead to drag link mods, but the length is promising.

To close the loop on this search and hopefully help others ... Parts Mike worked really hard on this quest and came up with what I think is an outstanding solution. The PM1104A suggestion doesn't work, but led down the right path! Installed last night and everything works perfectly. Good turning radius, no bump steer at all, heavy duty parts, easy install.

Their (PM1104) pitman, modified off a Superlift 1104 (excellent suggestion off the top of Mudrak's head!), is 3.5" drop, 6.5" center to center. It takes GM 1 ton TRE (EX2234LHD). That couples to a DOM 1.25" - .25" wall threaded tube with 7/8" - 18 threads (TT30H). Cut the RH end off to your length and weld on a FJ80 bung insert (TG130319-KIT). Ream (Reamer is TG130319-KIT) your stock 40 Tie Rod to accept an FJ80 RH TRE (FJ80R).

Don't let all this scare you away. It literally took me 5 minutes to ream the TR with a 1/2 drill and, because of waiting to cool between welds, 1 hour to weld, 15 min to paint, 15 min to put it all together. The end result is as near perfect as I could hope for and way heavier duty than AA or CJ5/7 conversion parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom