HELP - 97 New rebuild, stumbles when I give it gas (1 Viewer)

Glad you got it up and running! I agree that the fuel filter is in a tough spot for replacement and probably doesn't get changed out as often as it should. I thought I remember @NLXTACY planning a solution to mount it elsewhere and have a bleeder valve to be able to easily get some gas into a bottle or what not if needed. That was years ago though and I am guessing it has been shelved for the time being.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Glad you got it up and running! I agree that the fuel filter is in a tough spot for replacement and probably doesn't get changed out as often as it should. I thought I remember @NLXTACY planning a solution to mount it elsewhere and have a bleeder valve to be able to easily get some gas into a bottle or what not if needed. That was years ago though and I am guessing it has been shelved for the time being.
yup :hmm:

Count me in on the fuel filter relocation apparatus Joey. @ Pippy= Way to stick with it man. What a thread. I am glad you got it figured out. I love my cruiser and it hurts my heart when I can't figure out how to fix her up.

Count me in on the fuel filter relocation apparatus Joey. @ Pippy= Way to stick with it man. What a thread. I am glad you got it figured out. I love my cruiser and it hurts my heart when I can't figure out how to fix her up.
Thanks man. This was the most frustrating thing ever. Funny enough, the fuel filter would have been the last thing I would have replaced since it was brand new. By chance I cranked the wrong pressure test fitting into it and snapped it off prompting much cussing and grumbling around the house waiting for a new oem filter to arrive. Spent all weekend getting the old filter out and the new one in thinking I’d be back to picking up where I left off, then surprise it ran like a raped ape!

Thanks man. This was the most frustrating thing ever. Funny enough, the fuel filter would have been the last thing I would have replaced since it was brand new. By chance I cranked the wrong pressure test fitting into it and snapped it off prompting much cussing and grumbling around the house waiting for a new oem filter to arrive. Spent all weekend getting the old filter out and the new one in thinking I’d be back to picking up where I left off, then surprise it ran like a raped ape!
Thank the Landcruiser gods for your stroke of great bad luck hombre. I have to learn how to work a multimeter. YOUTUBE here I come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom