Help-25/26 code on 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've crossed over from the 80 side to try and shed some light on a problem. I have a 1992 fj80 with a 3fe. I have a really rough idle and also what another mudder calls the turbo effect, she has slow acceleration unitl about 2300-2400 rpm than BAMB it fills like the NOS button was hit (and no I don't have nitros or a turbo).

I've replaced all the vac lines, egr modulator, fuel regulator, egr vsv, radiator, fan clutch, alterntor, smog pump, belts, t-stat, fuel filter, fuel sock in tank, adjusted valves (although it was my first time in twenty years, so may have to look at them again), new intake hose from afm to throttle body, plugs, rotor, cap, wires, most radiator hoses, air temp sensor @egr.

I know alot of the above dosen't pertain to the issue, but I wanted to let everyone know what has been done so far. I've searched the threads and found numorous solutions but all have been to no avale. I've sea foamed the spit out of her, cleaned all the carbon off the sensors entering the intake plenum.

When I first got her about six months ago she was tired, bought her from a soccer mom in California, so she never seen the dirt.
After doing all the above she's running really strong except for the turbo effect and the rough idle. She's now sporting an ARB front bumper with a powerplant warn winch on used 32's. I have a used FOR suspension sitting in the garage ready and waiting.

Anyway that's her story and any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits end and don't want to keep throwing good money after bad. I'd rather save it for some more mods.
:cheers:

Now that i fixed my 25/26 i miss the nitro.

On the 3FE error code 25 & 26 is due to a vacuum leak, block or a vacuum hose disconnected. This causes the EGR to remain open during idle and coasting when it should be closed and causes the fluctuating rpm under 1000 and error code 25 and 26, because with the EGR constantly opening and closing the fuel air mixture to fluctuate between rich and lean.

1) check the throttle body vacuum out lines on top, make sure theyre clear and clean with a needle in a pair of vise grips from the bottom and spray cleaner in the holes from the top.

2) check the two metal lines under the intake from the throttle body to the egr modulator with a vacuum guage. If blocked run two vacuum line from the throttle body to the egr modulator, one to P and the other to R with a split tee to the BVSV. These two metal lines always rust out on older trucks and causes blockage.

If you think its the O2 sensors then remove, unplug, clean with mass air flow sensor cleaner and reinstal with new nuts.

ECDB2166 49B7 4DD4 BD12 52B12B5174CD

CF0B29AE 7D1C 4D89 A943 15BD4B6ABAA9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom