1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello 2005 Tundra DC 4x4

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by Pbass, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Pbass

Pbass

IMG_1939.JPG IMG_1940.JPG New to the forum. Have driven Toyotas for almost 40 years. From 1989 Corolla, 1974 FJ40, 86 and 93 4x4 pickups,2005 DC 4x4, 88 and 98 4Runner, 2008 and 2015 Highlander. Everyone except Corolla and FJ40 were purchased new.
    Been a love/hate kinda thing. Overall good vehicles,but here in the rust belt they just rust away.
    Just turned over 88,000 on my DC. Body looks like brand new. Rear end started leaking last week from rust pinholes. Front drive shaft is looking suspect, will replace before winter. Will be doing second brake job next week,calipers freeze up. All brake lines need replaced. Front brake dust shields fell of couple years ago. Did timing belt last fall and thought I would be nice to it and put new plugs in. Four bolt heads on the coil packs were vice grips only because the bolt heads rusted to a middle socket size.
    All these vehicles have had rust problems. All were replaced with newer, because of rust problems.
    Still haven't found anything else better. Looking to add a 100 LC to list as soon as I can find one.

2. Cannon88

Cannon88 In the duck blind...

Nice truck, shame about the rust. I think it would drive me nuts!

3. SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT

Wow I would get so depressed with that bad of rust. Good on ya for keeping up the fight!

4. Pbass

Pbass

It has definitely been depressing but I found a solution - sold.
    Went to a new owner last night. I slept real well.
    Now got to get back to trying to find that elusive 100 series that says "buy me".

SnowroxKT likes this.