Hella 4000 wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're welcome Nate.

FYI, that switch is sold by Toyota dealers but I wouldn't consider it an OEM switch. It is a cheaply made switch (also low cost...) that was made in China. If you inspect it carefully you will see the finish is different than the switches made in Japan that were original equipment. Look at the switch pivot and you'll see a plastic nub or something. The Japanese made switches have a tiny rolled steel pivot. Test the "feel" of the Chinese switch and compare it to the quality Japanese switches. Much different. The cheap switch also is not backlit. The white "fog lamp" marking is on the surface of the switch. On the quality Toyota switches the marking is underneath a clear plastic "window" on the switch surface. That way the marking doesn't come off after many years of use. None of this stuff is a big deal, especially for a switch used infrequently, but you can really see a quality difference between the $60 switch and the $10 Chinese switch.

-B-

-B-

I was indeed a little underwhelmed with the quality of the switch (especially being under the impression it was OEM) and thus contacted both C-Dan and Mot about other switches only to find them cost prohibitive as you noted. That being said, this switch still seems a step above many other aftermarket ones I've looked at. Even though it's only a fog switch, it's sometimes the details that make the difference to me, as it is for some others here too.

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom