HELLA 4000 HID and Halogen H1 Light Output & Heat Dissipation comparison (1 Viewer)

Hi group,

Just for "****s & giggles" I wanted to check the Beam pattern and Heat dissipation on the HELLA 4000 Rallye lamps, I powered both lamps side by side and simply felt the front of the lens, i was amazed to find out that the H1 - 55w Halogen bulb was considerably "HOTTER" as opposed to the 8000k HID capsule even though the Halogen was producing far less light (yellowish). All I could say was " WOW", HID gives out more light and generate less heat...

here are some photos I took...

Left is HID right is 55W H1 Halogen

Regards,

Saliya

HID's have always given off less heat than halogen's (typically 35w compared to 55w or 65w in headlights at least) ;) along with the tech of the HID producing much more light per watt, though the 8k range gets a little fuzzy since they majority of HID's with great output are in the 4500-6k range.

Reminds me I can't wait to get the HID retro kit for my Lightforce 240 blitzs even though I got the regular model only hooked up today.

Drop down to 4300k and you will get almost double the light.

I've had hid's in my 4000s for over a year, they are excellent. My favorite combo is one 100w halogen bulb and one 4300k hid.

I am in the process of installing the clear 3M stone guards on the 4000, I am gonna use 6000k Bulbs with 35W, I have some 4300k bulbs as well will try and see what would be the best combo, I am installing (2) Euro Beams, (1) Pencil Beam and (1) Cornering Beam....along with Euro Quad headlight conversion with TOYOTA Grill (sorry Lexus / glorified TOYOTA), should have plenty of light after that...

Saliya

love my Hella 4k setup. 55w HID kit at 4300 color temp in the Euro beam. throws a ton of light.

Cheers,
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom