Headlights gone.... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced a bulb some time ago and headlights worked. Came back a few days later and lights don't work. It's an '86 BJ75 - I checked every fuse on driver-side kick panel and they are good. I checked what I think might be the relay under dash next to steering column and they seem good, (don't know which one is the actual relay but....). The switch seems fine - it turns on running lights but no headlights. I did a search - Is there a "fusable" link somewhere near the battery for headlights? Also, the blinkers work but the hazards don't. Same link?

The relays I checked: One is metal and round- It clicks when running lights are switched. There's an orange/brown square relay right beside it and it doesn't do anything - no click. I took it out and jumped the contacts on it to the battery and it clicks. Maybe this one doesn't even have anything to do with headlights?

Thanks for any help!

No head lights.

There should be a fuze link at the battrie termonal. In the hzj75 its a plug in red wire. The hazodes may run off it to.

Couldn't find a fuse link anywhere near battery terminal.
Are the running lights on a different circuit/fuse as they are working.

Couldn't find a fuse link anywhere near battery terminal.
Are the running lights on a different circuit/fuse as they are working.

incase your not to sure, your not actually looking for a little glass tube fuse or plastic plug in fuse ,its actually sheathed wire fuse -looks like normal wire but is a fuse,have another look around the battery if thats the prob it should be straight of the + terminal

Had the same problem in my truck, but I don't know if it will apply to yours. Mine is a JDM so its 24v, I put a 12v bulb in the brakes and it blew in less than an hour. Maybe check the bulbs are the right voltage?

Tanner

Thanks for all the help!

Ok- checked again for fusable link.No fuse or small fuse wire of any kind within a foot of battery terminals.
There is a white wire that is supplying power to running lights and EDIC system.... Is that stock?
I did replace the EDIC relay and that all works. Do the lights have anything to do with that circuit?

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, my truck is 12 volt.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom