Headlight assembly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I recently imported my 92 LJ78G Prado and I need new Headlight assemblies or at least the housing (as my current housing is rusted out)
My state wont allow me to get vintage plates so I need to get a state inspection and the full 9.
I checked amayama and they are out of production/dont sell them

Any ideas or after market ones? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Yeah, you can buy any standard 5x7 headlight assembly. Lots of vehicles use them. Typically, anything that will fit an old 90s vintage Jeep Cherokee will fit your LJ78. It's a good idea to change these out anyway because the OEM headlights are biased to the left and tend to shine into the eyes of opposing traffic here in the States.

If you choose to go LED, check the clearance between the headlight and the coolant overflow bottle on the passenger side. Most LED heat sinks will extend too far out the back of the housing.

Yeah, you can buy any standard 5x7 headlight assembly. Lots of vehicles use them. Typically, anything that will fit an old 90s vintage Jeep Cherokee will fit your LJ78. It's a good idea to change these out anyway because the OEM headlights are biased to the left and tend to shine into the eyes of opposing traffic here in the States.

If you choose to go LED, check the clearance between the headlight and the coolant overflow bottle on the passenger side. Most LED heat sinks will extend too far out the back of the housing.
That makes sense, thanks much! I’ve already found some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom