Heading to Lobdell Lake, NV - weekend after the 4th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heading out from SF Bay Area this Saturday (7/6/19) to Lobdell Lake and surrounding areas for 4 days/3 nites.

Lobdell Lake is south of Walker, north of the Sonora Junction, and east of 395. It’s up at 9274 ft and considered a high mountain reservoir for the area. Peaks in the vicinity are South Sister, Mount Patterson and Wheeler Peak.

I’ll be heading there thru’ Desert Creek campground, accessed by a road north of Topaz Lake, 208.

Would be good to share a cold one with any other inmates in the area or if you have any suggestions/places to see, I’d love to hear them.

Thanks !

We will be in Gardnerville, but I won't have the 60.

I know the area and have visited Lobdell Lake area many times, and its not heavily traveled or visited.

A couple things, we had a good winter, but the water level varies, it could be dry already. If you have dogs, watch them with the sheep herders sheep dogs, they protect their flocks intensely. I doubt it makes any difference, but the lake is California.

A few pictures from 3 years ago.

Have fun.

P1070050.JPG
P1070048.JPG
P1070046.JPG
P1070052.JPG

Last edited:
If you have time, head up to Mt. Patterson. Depending on the road conditions, you can get up over 11,500'. From there, follow the road over the mountain and go down through Belfort and on to 338, which will take you back to Bridgeport.

Tends to be cold and often windy, and not much shelter. There is an old stone cabin, but I have been in it it many years.

Mt. Paterson Old Stone Cabin
38°26'12.33"N
119°19'0.42"W

One of the views on the way down from Mt. Patterson facing Southeast at about 10k feet.
DSC04014.JPG

Great pictures and info, thanks guys !!

OK, that's on the list!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom