Head unit cuts out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I couldn't find any another threads about this, but maybe someone has had the same issue. It started out happening just once or twice over a few months, but now it seems like maybe once a week or so, my head unit just cuts out, or turns off and then turns right back on again. Nothing else is affected, and it comes back on very quickly, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. With electronics, who knows if it's a ground, something with the board, or what. Thanks.

Hey guys, I couldn't find any another threads about this, but maybe someone has had the same issue. It started out happening just once or twice over a few months, but now it seems like maybe once a week or so, my head unit just cuts out, or turns off and then turns right back on again. Nothing else is affected, and it comes back on very quickly, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. With electronics, who knows if it's a ground, something with the board, or what. Thanks.
Had this happene on a friend's 2013 a few years ago on the way back from Alaska. Only happened 3 times in the whole trip and a different friend with me said his 4 runner did it all the time. In the 4runner it's a known issue with the head unit so we kind of dismissed it. Turned out to be a lose negative battery connection. I just text my friend that owns the 200 and he says it's not happened since.

This actually happens to me whenever I my iPhone plugged in to charge via the USB. On a long road trip just finished it would spontaneously do a reset every 5-20 minutes, ask me to adjust time zones etc. I'm using a genuine Apple lightining-USB cable. Its one of those behaviors difficult to manually reproduce for service depts who would be lazy and just log a "no fault found" report without taking the time diagnose it properly. Please keep us updated on your progress, I'll do the same.

Had this happene on a friend's 2013 a few years ago on the way back from Alaska. Only happened 3 times in the whole trip and a different friend with me said his 4 runner did it all the time. In the 4runner it's a known issue with the head unit so we kind of dismissed it. Turned out to be a lose negative battery connection. I just text my friend that owns the 200 and he says it's not happened since.

Ah, interesting thought. I have noticed my battery terminals have some corrosion on them...I wonder if it's affecting the connection. I need to clean them anyway, so that would be great if that fixes it. Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: dmc
This actually happens to me whenever I my iPhone plugged in to charge via the USB. On a long road trip just finished it would spontaneously do a reset every 5-20 minutes, ask me to adjust time zones etc. I'm using a genuine Apple lightining-USB cable. Its one of those behaviors difficult to manually reproduce for service depts who would be lazy and just log a "no fault found" report without taking the time diagnose it properly. Please keep us updated on your progress, I'll do the same.

Yeah, I don't think that's the same issue I'm having. The reset only happens maybe once a week or something, and when it goes it, it'll come back up in just a couple seconds. I'm hoping it has something to do with the battery connection like dmc mentioned. Maybe worth a try for you too though.

Yeah, I don't think that's the same issue I'm having. The reset only happens maybe once a week or something, and when it goes it, it'll come back up in just a couple seconds. I'm hoping it has something to do with the battery connection like dmc mentioned. Maybe worth a try for you too though.

My 2016 did the same thing on a road trip on Saturday. Cut out and immediately restarted and didn't happen again. I don't recall that every happening on my 11.

I had no issues with any other electronics/hvac when it happened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom