Head unit change.. harness available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the engine noise problem......

Since the radio grounds through the chasis of the radio, which is probably one of the best grounds possible. I assume the factory battery ground is poor, or the amp ground is poor or just plain different than the factory. I am thinking just unhook the factory radio ground might do it, but then again, since I am rewiring, It is probably not worth diagnosing. Obviously a ground loop somewhere.

Actually, one of the Kenwoods in that line has "built-in" Sirius - meaning no separate tuner is necessary. Checkout Crutchfield (you don't have to buy it there) for more info.

Model # is EZ-700SR:) Good find. That is what I want. Now I need to find a good price and do some saving.

edit:

etronics has it for $269.99 which is $110 less than Crutchfield:rolleyes:

About twice as much as I wanted to spend so I'll have to work some overtime;)

Last edited:
The EZ-700SR is an interesting looking radio with its retro knobs. I would be curious to see how it looks installed in a cruiser. Take pics when you get it in.

Just a note to update this thread...

I installed the Kenwood EZ700SR Siruis single din head unit in my 2000 LC using the Scosche TA03B, which is a 2000+ Toyota Amplifier Interface (harness). Don't know how many years this harness if good with but the 2000 uses a different one than the 98-99.

I'm still learning here. I have feedback when the engine is running and I'm trying to determine if I can just adjust it or if I need to run a clean ground wire from the battery.

I have not found an installation kit yet and might just fabricate something to cover the hole.

As previously stated, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff but I'm trying to figure it out because I'm a cheap bastard:D

I will post pictures when I finish the installation and make it look pretty;)

I just put in some Infinity Ref speakers in the LC and the factory head unit is just not cutting it.

IF you bypass the factory amp can you keep the existing speaker wiring? What if you replace the factory amp with an aftermarket amp? Can you use the existing wiring harness for it?

I'm thinking of replacing the stock head unit and replacing the factory amp with a higher power aftermarket unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom