HDJ81 Fuel Heater O-Ring Size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck is starting to have idle issues before it comes up to temp. I read some threads here that describe what I am dealing with. I noticed that it seems like diesel is leaking from fuel heater. It seems like this part is no longer available so I think I am going to try to replace the large o-ring. Does anyone know what size it is? I am nervous to take the ring out to measure incase it breaks, leaving me without a vehicle.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

Captured.JPG

The filter head without a heater is still available new. You're in Texas so you can definitely get away without it.

Otherwise I recommend just picking up an assorted o-ring kit. They aren't expensive. Just make sure to get o-rings that will stand up to diesel.

Just putting it here in case others have this same issue. I replaced the O-ring in question with a viton seal with the measurements below. I just did it so I don't know for sure that it solved my issue. I will have to wait until the truck cools down to see how it performs with a cold start.

ID: 1.239"
Thickness: .070"
(OD: 1.379")

I also purchased a new filter head with out a heater to run a delete if my O-ring fix doesn't work out. I will update in a few days if everything works or not

I can see on your heater that it's leaking. In had the same issue. I fixed the oring and once I received my head without the heater I swapped them. I kept the old one Incase the primer fails I have a spare.

It hasn't had the issue since I changed the Oring. I will keep the no heater head around incase the primer or oring fails.

It hasn't had the issue since I changed the Oring. I will keep the no heater head around incase the primer or oring fails.

I don't doubt that. But as I had no use for the heater I swapped it out to remove the possibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom