HDJ100 2002 AT Trottle Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
63
Location
Slovakia
Hi guys,
I have the following problem and cannot find a solution.
Sometimes it happens that the throttle doesn't respond. The engine starts normally, but the RPM cannot be increased. After a few attempts at turning it off and starting it up again, the gas pedal works normally. I bought the vehicle with the gas pedal already replaced. I'm attaching a photo of the error codes. The vehicle behaves the same way when I disconnect the “bottom” switch on the accelerator pedal.

I would be grateful for any advice.
IMG_3779.webp
IMG_2764.webp
IMG_2763.webp
 
The pedal assembly looks different than OE. Is it aftermarket? That would be my first suspect.
 
On the gas pedal assembly there is an idle switch, in addition to the pedal position sensor. This idle switch is a simple switch that makes contact when the pedal moves out of idle position. Over time the contacts develop a bad connection, which results in the E ECU getting the input "Pedal in idle position", even when the pedal is depressed. I've had this, with the same 19(x) fault code, and just changed the little switch, which fixed it.
 
The strange part is the OP says the pedal is new (or was replaced) before his ownership. Maybe they just replaced the pedal sensor and not the entire assembly. One would think, disconnecting the idle sensor might work but perhaps the ECU knows, the sequence isn't being followed.
 
Thanks for the tips. I believe the entire pedal assembly was replaced, including both sensors. When the idle air control valve is disconnected, the vehicle behaves just like it does with the fault I am describing. I even tried disconnecting it from the accelerator pedal, but the ECU needs to see the relative movement of the sensors.
 
Back
Top Bottom