HD Tundra Dcab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That all makes sense to me, except that US protectionism isn't going to let Toyota get 44% of this market, let alone 24%, no matter how much they build in this hemisphere.

There's another big factor as well: infrastructure. Since Toyota hasn't sold a diesel in the US since 1985, the dealerships need trainging, tools etc., etc.

That could be a reason why it would take that long. It could also be a reason why it will never happen.

i agree. Without any faculties set in place for diesels, it would be a very expensive initial investment

Previa Diesel said:
That all makes sense to me, except that US protectionism isn't going to let Toyota get 44% of this market, let alone 24%, no matter how much they build in this hemisphere.

There's another big factor as well: infrastructure. Since Toyota hasn't sold a diesel in the US since 1985, the dealerships need trainging, tools etc., etc.

That could be a reason why it would take that long. It could also be a reason why it will never happen.

IMO, Diesels are no different from Hybrids when it comes to infrastructure; training, tools, etc.

madams557 said:
IMO, Diesels are no different from Hybrids when it comes to infrastructure; training, tools, etc.

Or any new technology like GPS, DVD's, etc. Heck, if the learning curve were the problem, we'd all be driving Model-T's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom