Has anyone over 6' slept in their 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

27Oct2003 (UTC -7)

Hiya Joshua! For a 6'1" and 210 lb. Filipino like me, I do sleep inside the 'Cruiser 'coz it's nice, clean, quiet and I can turn on the engine all night (no catalytic converter on diesels! :flipoff2: ) so I don't get cold.

I wanted to show you a picture but my stupid Sony Memory stick is acting up and won't let me access the file I had recently when camping with my son in Desatoya desert (Nevada).
0) I just fold the middle seats forward, have no 3rd rear seat, have my 35" tyre inside with a 3ft. x 4ft board on top of the tyre.
1) I then put a cover on top of the folded middle seats so I don't ruin the leather,
2) move the front seats as forward as possible,
3) laid several 6ft fence planks (bought from Home Depot for less than $3.00 each) on top of the seats and the wooden tyre "cover", laid a nice thick comforter,
4) and then two sleeping bags and two pillows, and then we were set! :D

I slept soundly (much to the dismay of my son) and without having to go diagonal.

Trivia: the planks can serve as a sand ladder when desperately stuck or as firewood when desperately cold ;)

I got mail :D

If you care to find out how much the flat kits cost, please put your coffee mugs down and sit down:

For the 80: 98000 yen(about $900US)
100: 128,000 yen(about $1,150US)

I can think of many other things I could buy/do with that kind of money. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thought some of you might have wanted to know.

:cheers:

mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom