Has anybody repaired the incline-o-meter ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s my understanding this was an option in the 60 series. My side-to-side image does not move, and the upper “lock” knob does not move.

My hunch is that once the upper lock assembly is free’d up, the side-to-side will work. I can move the side-to-side gears with my finger, but not loose enough to move with just gravity.

Anybody tried to fix one of these ?

5A51D7F0-0234-4DBD-A361-D4E5BD88C00F.jpeg

I have not but it looks really doable. I would get an appropriate lubrication specific to the plastic in the casing. Gently pop off the c-clips and polish the shafts. Before any further tear-down I would extensively document the assembly and mark gear contact points as to not change any specs. Label everything! Take tons of pictures! Maybe some air in a can to blast out any junk first.

If any of the internal gears happen to be broken send me a PM and I can make you a new one.

Disregard, I just needed to turn the “lock” knob counterclockwise just a little bit harder than I thought necessary. But when I did, click, and the side-to-side was released !!!

FF034BB3-AFC5-476C-A39D-474D0F2D4524.jpeg

When I first started hitting the trails and logging roads in Vermont in 1974, they sold a simple ball bearing rolling around a plastic tube. I though it was cool and stuck one on my dash. One of those north country good ol‘ boys said “ don’t worry about what your tilt-o-meter is reading…..better keep your eyes on where your goin’”
made sense to me ever since but that unit you have there is very cool!

Where does this mount on the dash? This is awesome and I want one just because
I’ve had several 60’s over the years, and as I recall, there is a rectangle opening in the dash, that is empty on the North American models. I can’t remember the details, but I got this off eBay many years ago. Monitor Australian eBay (eBay.au)

Hope it’s not sacrilege, but mine is mounted in an overhead console I made for my FJ40. But I agree with a previous poster, it’s mainly just bling. The main purpose of the console is a place for the radios & oil & temp gauges with actual numbers.

F3459535-1658-47DF-B36A-4F67D85D97DB.jpeg

Always thought this gauge was super cool, especially when they came factory on top of the 4Runner dash.
High cool factor, but if you‘re ever in a situation where you need to check the tilt-o-whirl in your dash…it’s probably the last thing on earth you should be looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom