Hardcore Photos / Videos - #buggythings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Worked on setting tracks to a new trail on Tuesday evening... 4G... super sketchy gatekeeper climb!

Saves on a big wall are always impressive. What makes this one even more impressive is that it started with Trail Hero doing a front dig. Before quickly shifting into reverse, he had to shift into 4WD. #TrailHero #ChutesandLadders #SandHollow

While attending Cruise Moab, I was able to try to run the new Rear Steer trail. This trail is great -- similar to Coyote Canyon but more challenging and more than 5 times as long. The last several hundred yards of the trail are especially difficult.

Here is an in-cab video of the lower 1/3 of the trail. Jeff Breakall, leading me in his Red Dot buggy, illustrates why the trail is aptly named. I broke a stub shaft about 1/3rd of the way through and did not get to run the most challenging part of the trail.

@OldRocDoc caught a video of me on a side climb at the Double Sammy / Joint Effort crossover...need to let the rig slide right to hook the front tires and drag the rears up.

We are working on #drivetrails instructional videos around Sand Hollow....starting with the 10-rated Arrowhead trail. I have videos from the first two obstacles posted on the RockCrawler.com forum:
DriveTrails - Arrowhead

The 3rd obstacle video will be released tomorrow at 10:30aMST

This is a teaser from one of the many runs we've made in the past week up this trail :)

3rd video in the #drivetrails series from Trail Hero and RockCrawler.com....this is the Z-turn climb on the 10-rated Arrowhead trail. The drivers front tire climbs VERY high while the rear needs to shuffle to the drivers side and hug the wall. I do this with the front ARB locker ON and the rear ARB locker OFF, and a little cutting brake action as needed.

We have run Arrowhead a dozen times in the past couple weeks to get these videos shot, including a full in-car interview, multiple video angles and a 360 virtual reality view as well. At this point, we can literally leave the Sand Hollow parking lot, drive all of Arrowhead, and be back to the lot in about 60 minutes. Actual on-trail time is 20 minutes tops (not rushing, just steady)

Anyways, here's the video from obstacle 3...

Well done Rich and Woody:bounce::bounce: I am eagerly looking forward to more videos in this series, especially OB2 on Chain Reaction and the upper part of Nasty Half:beer:

Saves on a big wall are always impressive. What makes this one even more impressive is that it started with Trail Hero doing a front dig. Before quickly shifting into reverse, he had to shift into 4WD. #TrailHero #ChutesandLadders #SandHollow

Can you spot on the second attempt when Rich goes to front WD and then quickly back to 4WD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom