hard top vs soft top ... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 40 is a toy and I live at the beach so the Ehsan soft top was my choice. Depends on what your usage plans are.

Big Sky Montanna ..... Is Buc's T-4 Lodge still there? Loved the Black Dog Ale.

Russ

Im also up here in the heart of Eureka,,,,good to see another Fj40 running around here..I have 2 soft tops an a bikini, although i am also in the market for a hard-top . I cant say I've got to enjoy winter an summer breeze till the "OLD F " r is built back-up an put together.
I think a hard top is a must around here. it rains more than it shines
search the wanted adds an 4sale adds also craigslist..seen'em on here for $500 to $600 an seen one on craigslist in redding for $300. it sold as soon as it was posted..

that was probably me:) i got a buddy who has one for sale for 400 in red bluff. i think he has it posted on craigs and here

i bought enough fj40s so i dont have to take the tops off anymore we drive the 2 fsts in the summer and 2 hardtops in the winter and still have 2 leftover for mud trucks and 1 spare just in case good luck and enjoy your 40 .

well compared to what i had when i first bought my cruiser i love my softop. when i first got my cruiser it had plywood screwed to the sides and top. yes the bestop's don't look the greatest but compared to what i used to have it looks great. i use mine for playing so as long as it functions that is fine by me. i got lucky with mine i found someone on ebay that sold it for 350 shipped with the doors brand new. i don't use mine in the winter at all as it is in storage but it does hold the heat well when it is chilly outside. i don't have a heater but i get lots of heat come back through the firewall. this is one of those questions you gotta come up with the answer yourself, all we can do is offer our experiences.

My first 40 was a hard top, never enough ventilation for the Desert...unless you opened the rear hatch and choked on your own exhaust...:frown:

I owned the 77 also a hard top, when I lived in the Reno/Lake Tahoe better ventilation for sure and nice in the cold/snow a soft top would be nice in the summer.

My 66 came with a Best top and doors I absolutely hated :mad: It
the Soft door windows scratched easily I replaced them once the Zippers jammed up with sand I replaced the driver side Zipper twice the black Vinyl got too hot to drive in the summer,

On the Resto 66 I went with Repo OEM style Eshan's top & OEM hard door's I LOVE the combo !

I drove the soft top in the driving rain Thanksgiving day on the freeway arrrived dry :grinpimp:

I was amazed the how the Heater works even in 20* weather

I had plans to resto a hard top to put on the 66 as well I have now canceled that project.....Love the Soft Top !

P1010211.jpg
P1010071.jpg

If I was lving back in the Bolt, I would go with teh above and get an Eshan top with hard doors. That would hold up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom