handle color mismatch again... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Frustrating to think you've found a matching set of handles and plugs only to realize they do not match

7461714010B3​
$ 1.65​
PLIG, ASSIST GRIP
MD.CHARCOAL
746101002013​
$ 16.58​
GRIP SUB-ASSEMBLY
ASSIST, FRONT; ASSIST, REAR. GRAY

I was willing to live with gray instead of ivory but now this. Anyone solve this problem?

E353E14B-ED39-456B-A11D-BA65ACB9C8C9_1_105_c.jpeg

I can't help - but I'm starting to collect parts for my 82 truck. It's coming to light the the truck had several shades of blue when brand new, and even some brown thrown in there. There's another member in the middle of his 85 (I think) truck restoration having the same issue. He is considering picking a SEM paint color and simply painting everything including new parts to match. It's simply what we're stuck with.

Be thankful any new replacement parts exist at all - especially interior stuff. That's probably the last handle on earth.

Yes. The ones in the truck are now brown, my new OEM dash pad is what I would call Royal Blue.

tmp-cam-857046571731480946.jpg

Other nos stuff is brown.

tmp-cam-2702042705412682822.jpg

I can't help - but I'm starting to collect parts for my 82 truck. It's coming to light the the truck had several shades of blue when brand new, and even some brown thrown in there. There's another member in the middle of his 85 (I think) truck restoration having the same issue. He is considering picking a SEM paint color and simply painting everything including new parts to match. It's simply what we're stuck with.
I painted my middle console cover with SEM paint... looks OK but not an exact match ( it was their charcoal color that Cruiser Corp was selling.) I'm also considering painting other parts as well, perhaps the whole middle console so it all matches in the middle.

right now I have 3 over door handles that were delivered which won't match the plugs ordered. Rather have ivory but gray is better than the deteriorating handles there now.

Frustrating to think you've found a matching set of handles and plugs only to realize they do not match

7461714010B3​
$ 1.65​
PLIG, ASSIST GRIP
MD.CHARCOAL
746101002013​
$ 16.58​
GRIP SUB-ASSEMBLY
ASSIST, FRONT; ASSIST, REAR. GRAY

I was willing to live with gray instead of ivory but now this. Anyone solve this problem?

Did you ever solve this?

I wish I had found your post a few months back as I ordered all new pillar handles and ended up with a matching ivory set for drivers pillar and and the same grey/med grey combo as you for all the passengers doors. Just found this older post from @mattressking listing these parts for FJ60 ivory handles which I think work on the 62, no?

74610-10020-A0 - grip
74617-14010-01 - plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom