1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hammering the pinch weld seam Flat

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by marCOCOpuffs, Sep 26, 2017.

1. marCOCOpuffs

marCOCOpuffs

is there any trick to it? Or do I just go ape s***? This will be done on my GX, but I thought you guys might have some more insight.

2. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

any reason in particular you want to hammer your pinch weld flat?

you could use a big hammer or just ask one of the local iffy lube idiots to pick your truck up by the body and not the frame and theyll flatten out the pinch welds with the lift arms no problem. and probably drain the trans and double fill the oil for free while their under there

3. marCOCOpuffs

marCOCOpuffs

Hmm I think I should be more clear. I'm talking about the pinch weld seam in the wheel wells above the body mounts. Behind the plastic.

4. 1911

1911 chupacabra SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Don't know; I've been running cut-down body mounts and no plastic covers and 34" tires for 10 years, and I don't think the pinch weld seam has ever been in my way or given me any problems.

5. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Mine has...just took a 3lb hammer to it and rolled inward. Hit it with some black fenderwell paint. Depends on how good a job your alignment shop does too. Haven't had any rubbing since my last alignment, but the one before was too much caster.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">