HAM Tech Class at CNM

Discussion in 'NM- High Desert Cruisers' started by El Tejon, Feb 15, 2009.

1. El Tejon

El Tejon

If anyone is interested, CNM is offering an amateur radio technician level course scheduled from Monday-Friday 5:30-9:30pm from March 2-6 at the Work Force Training Center, Alameda and I-25. The cost of the class is $79. The class itself will run Monday through Thursday with the test on Friday. For further info contact:

Alicia West
    Program Coordinator
    505.224.5204 Direct
    505.224.5201 Fax
    awest11@cnm.edu

I am planning on attending if my work schedule will allow. The next scheduled test in Alb. is the 3rd Saturday in April.

Rick

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

Rick,
    We have some guys that have studied for license and are waiting for a test date. Do you know if they will let people take the test on Friday if they didn't attend the class?
    -Mike-

3. El Tejon

El Tejon

I've got an email into the instructor through Ms. West. I asked the same question. I too am ready but I figured talking the class might be a good way to network and reinforce some of the learning points. I will follow up on that question tomorrow (Monday) and let you know. If not there's always the April test.
    Rick

4. El Tejon

El Tejon

I believe the test is the 18th of April, 3rd Saturday.

Rick

5. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator Supporting Vendor GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Copy. Thanks for the clarification.

-o-

6. El Tejon

El Tejon

The exam will be open to anyone regardless of class attendance. (the class is March 2-5 5:30 to 9:30) The test will be Friday March 6th. If there are not enough people to hold the class then the whole thing will be canceled. Contact the instructor if you are interested in the class and or just the exam. I would encourage as many people as possible take the class

The instructor is Frank Warren and his email address is fwarrensr@earthlink.net

Rick

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.