H55 shifter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Probably is a dumb question but will the shift lever from the four speed stock transmission from an 86 Landcruiser also work with a five speed h55

Thinking that the end that goes into the tranny is different, as well as the bend of the shifter itself.

Thinking that the end that goes into the tranny is different, as well as the bend of the shifter itself.
Thanks. I saw one on the cool cruisers of texas website and the top looks very similar but the bottom may be different

Not a dumb question>
The answer is no.

thanks. I didn't really think so but have two four speed transimissions left over so I thought I would ask. would you think used would be a good route for this item or do you think I will need to go through Toyota direct?

I would search, there are lots of online Toyota parts places that will beat the local dealer prices most of the time. I got my H55F and related gear here... and got a great price (trans was like 1,800 bucks...) http://www.oemtoyotapartsgroup.com/

Frank

TRANSMISSION ASSY, MANUAL
LAND CRUISER (HJ60); 5F (H55F)
PN: 33030- 60450
CONFIRM PN WITH VENDOR

These can be found brand new for under $2500 if you shop around. Especially shop for shipping costs, as this sucker is heavy.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the difference:

Mud 1010.JPG

Mud 1011.JPG

The one with the Teflon end cap is for the H55F. I've found that the rubber boot on my older shifters, which seals the top of the transmission, harden and crack over time letting water and dirt into your new H55F. It's worth the cost of the new shifter to avoid that.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the difference:

View attachment 958701

View attachment 958702

The one with the Teflon end cap is for the H55F. I've found that the rubber boot on my older shifters, which seals the top of the transmission, harden and crack over time letting water and dirt into your new H55F. It's worth the cost of the new shifter to avoid that.
that makes sense. just got word mine will need both bearings and the input shaft and fork for fifth gear. guess I will start looking for those items so the transmission can be finished getting rebuilt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom