H11 /Low Beam HIDs installed on 08 Cruiser. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all.

I though you might be interested in seeing this..

Just installed these after market, plug & play Low Beam HIDs on my Land Cruiser, doesn't seem that blinding during the day -beam height level adjusted to the lowest-, the effect isn’t bad, projection on nearby wall seem well concentrated and no out of control reflections……

I’ll update the forum on driving experience during the night…

Mud Diamond
08LCHID_001.jpg
08LCHID_002.jpg

I would love to see night pics. Plus what brand and where did you get pnp versions?

Got any pics of the install? Why not do a simple write up! We could all benefit!

Hi dtt255,

I'll do a write up after after the night test.

MD

Sounds great. Do you have a link to the ones you bought?

Sorry for the hijack here a bit, but I've always wondered why the non-US versions have that mirror thing on the hood. What's it for???

No, but I'll post pics of box later..

They drive on the other side of the road and their drivers seat is opposite ours. They need that to see on that side easily.

JBHorne,

These are corner mirrors that help with the parking, it allow you to see the distance between the vehicle and both what is in front and to the front left of the vehicle..

They mainly exist on Japanese Standard vehicles..

Dtt255, this is a right hand drive being used in a right hand drive country, just like Japan..

JBHorne,

These are corner mirrors that help with the parking, it allow you to see the distance between the vehicle and both what is in front and to the front left of the vehicle..

They mainly exist on Japanese Standard vehicles..

Dtt255, this is a right hand drive being used in a right hand drive country, just like Japan..

Hey but my answer sounded damn good!!! lol

Thanks for clearing that up.

I look forward to seeing that box and ordering some!

Actually just did some searching and it seems that HID Low Beams are not street and DOT legal unless done by the factory.....hmmmm

Yes, your answer sounded very professional!

I'M GOING TO GET ARRESTED!

With the low beam height level to the lowest, this HID is still lethal, too bright, I keep my windows up so I don’t hear all the insults and see all bird flipping!

Seriously now, no insults yet, but it is truly, extremely powerful, take a look at the pics.

Here is the box, I bought it locally (The Caribbean) from an individual who imports them, I'll try to find out where from, as the box doesn't say much.

Installation was easy, straightforward PNP, took around an hour as I had to remove the battery and hide the ballasts to disguise the evidence!! the brand is Hopefar, I paid around US$ 170.00 for it and installed it myself, not sure I’m going to be able to keep it on.

Regards
Box.jpg
MDSC_0052.jpg
MDSC_0054.jpg

More pics..
MDSC_0063.jpg
MDSC_0070.jpg
MDSC_0072.jpg

And more..
MDSC_0081.jpg
MDSC_0083.jpg

dtt255,

As I don't live in the USA it may take a little longer to get arrested!!
After seeing the performance, I agree they should be illegal, but luckily, regulations here, generally speaking, aren’t that strictly implemented.

So where exactly is the ballast? I am trying to picture the area you placed them in.

Do you really get people yelling at you even at the lowest setting?

Nice pics!

The Ballasts are in the corner cavities behind the headlight as shown in the pics, I didn't go out far yet -it is rainy tonight- but I'm sure whoever dare will!! it is that bright..

Actually just did some searching and it seems that HID Low Beams are not street and DOT legal unless done by the factory.....hmmmm

This is what I ranted about in another HID thread... Projectors vs. Reflectors.

Hello again,

I guess I over stated the output of my HIDs on low beams –adjusted to the lowest height-, it is actually quit good and not that blinding after all.
I did a comparison test (one side HID, the other fitted with the original bulb), obviously the HID was brighter but not more blinding than the original.
I had a friend drive my LC and I used his Camry, drove in opposite directions a few times on different curves and angles, the LC’s low beam HIDs were very noticeable but not blinding.
The good news is that if needed, the low beam’s aim can be easily raised higher for off and back roads.

Also, I thought why not try HID on the high beam instead, in theory because it is used less often and as needed (off road or to respond to incoming idiots with their hi beams on!), results; DON’T INSTALL HIDs ON HIGH BEAMS in SUVs, their brightness and aim can be physically painful!
I’ll put some matching –bluish 8000K- xenon-like halogens instead.

I went further and installed HIDs in the LC’s fog lights, the effect is exceptionally remarkable and the vision is truly daylight like.

I hope this is useful to all of you who are contemplating whether to install HIDs or not.

MD.

Hello again,

I guess I over stated the output of my HIDs on low beams –adjusted to the lowest height-, it is actually quit good and not that blinding after all.
I did a comparison test (one side HID, the other fitted with the original bulb), obviously the HID was brighter but not more blinding than the original.
I had a friend drive my LC and I used his Camry, drove in opposite directions a few times on different curves and angles, the LC’s low beam HIDs were very noticeable but not blinding.
The good news is that if needed, the low beam’s aim can be easily raised higher for off and back roads.

Also, I thought why not try HID on the high beam instead, in theory because it is used less often and as needed (off road or to respond to incoming idiots with their hi beams on!), results; DON’T INSTALL HIDs ON HIGH BEAMS in SUVs, their brightness and aim can be physically painful!
I’ll put some matching –bluish 8000K- xenon-like halogens instead.

I went further and installed HIDs in the LC’s fog lights, the effect is exceptionally remarkable and the vision is truly daylight like.

I hope this is useful to all of you who are contemplating whether to install HIDs or not.

MD.

Thought I'd add something else here. I'm doing an H11 low-beam HID conversion with upgrade 9005 high beam bulbs. I will not upgrade the high-beams to HID since HID's take a few seconds to activate, which doesn't fair well when needed to flash someone on the highway. HID is also blindingly bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom