H1 Halogen to Leg Headlight Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, i am trying to change an H1 Halogen Bulb with a LED light. I didn't know much and bought an H1 LED and when I tried the LED it went too far inside the Hole and had no way to connect. i have a H1 LED now that i bought for like $100. Is there a way to connect it?
So recently i started looking for LED for H1 Halogen Projector Headlights. But then I was reading few forums like on this product "KaTur 2pcs 900 Lumens H1 Base Super Bright 3014 78SMD Lens LED Bulbs Car Driving Daytime Running Lights Xenon White 6000K DC 12V-24V" (On amazon) and people are saying "Bulbs were too big to fit in the actual head unit. Just because it connects to an H1 connector, doesn't make it an H1 bulb. Shame.", "the bulb size is too big to fit through a regular H1 bulb hole. I can't use these."..
Can someone help me with this?? please.
I want to know what Size of LED to buy??

I don’t recommend an led in a projector, it won’t have a good pattern because it won’t hit the full bowl of the projector. Stick with a good halogen or you may get a decent but not great pattern with hids.

Timely thread - I too am considering LED (had HIDs previously) - I'm surprised at your comment CObound. I put HIDs in my 470 projectors and they were infinitely better than halogen - now considering LED for another projector housing. If the LED/HID emits from the same "space" as the filament of a halogen ,what's the difference?

From the ones I’ve tested, it has spots missing in the pattern. An hid or halogen typically has almost 360 output to utilize the full projector bowl. Most leds have 2 sided output, therefore not really hitting all sides of the bowl. Depending on the bulb number, you can get 3 and 4 sided leds that’ll do a better job, nut in the case of an h1, it’s such a small bulb you’ll only get 2 sided bulbs. And I tried some high output h1 led in a retrofit I did in a mini h1 style projector. It had a not great to me pattern, but better color than halogen. I have done a number of retrofits and fir me, hid is still the best performer.

From the ones I’ve tested, it has spots missing in the pattern. An hid or halogen typically has almost 360 output to utilize the full projector bowl. Most leds have 2 sided output, therefore not really hitting all sides of the bowl. Depending on the bulb number, you can get 3 and 4 sided leds that’ll do a better job, nut in the case of an h1, it’s such a small bulb you’ll only get 2 sided bulbs. And I tried some high output h1 led in a retrofit I did in a mini h1 style projector. It had a not great to me pattern, but better color than halogen. I have done a number of retrofits and fir me, hid is still the best performer.

Never really considered the 360 "view" point - but it certainly makes sense - I'm just reading about how much improved reliability and performance wise the LED (IPF for one) is. I have heard that light throw of the LED is less than that of the HID - also, my concern is that of the LED fan and proper cooling in the enclosed 100 and 200 series lamp assy

Oh, and while I have you, do you have a preferred HID 4300k H11 bulb you like? So many choices out there!

Never really considered the 360 "view" point - but it certainly makes sense - I'm just reading about how much improved reliability and performance wise the LED (IPF for one) is. I have heard that light throw of the LED is less than that of the HID - also, my concern is that of the LED fan and proper cooling in the enclosed 100 and 200 series lamp assy

Oh, and while I have you, do you have a preferred HID 4300k H11 bulb you like? So many choices out there!

I use morimoto in my truck now in my projectors. They now have 2 options on the retrofitsource.

HID Bulbs (H Series) - HID Parts

And from my experience, the leds don’t get the distance as the hids. And heat will definitely hurt an led, and depending on where you live, leds typically don’t get warm enough to keep the lenses clear in snow, sleet, etc.

For more affordable bulbs, hidwarehouse, innovated, or Kensun have been good when I’ve used them. Though a better quality bulb and ballast will typically have better reliability and higher output.

I use morimoto in my truck now in my projectors. They now have 2 options on the retrofitsource.

And from my experience, the leds don’t get the distance as the hids. And heat will definitely hurt an led, and depending on where you live, leds typically don’t get warm enough to keep the lenses clear in snow, sleet, etc.

For more affordable bulbs, hidwarehouse, innovated, or Kensun have been good when I’ve used them. Though a better quality bulb and ballast will typically have better reliability and higher output.
Got it, thanks - I'm hearing the "LED doesn't throw like HID "comments with more and more frequency - I am also concerned about the LED fan being able to cool efficiently inside a sealed bulb enclosure - and I cannot leave them open to the "outside" (not use the cover) due to the crazy salty/wet environment this truck spends much time in.

Got it, thanks - I'm hearing the "LED doesn't throw like HID "comments with more and more frequency - I am also concerned about the LED fan being able to cool efficiently inside a sealed bulb enclosure - and I cannot leave them open to the "outside" (not use the cover) due to the crazy salty/wet environment this truck spends much time in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom