GY DuraTrac vs BFG AT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what's the road noise like?

For such an agressive design tread, very low. Lower than my old radial rovers. And only slight louder than my Nokian WRs

I mounted up a set last summer in "c" load rating. (~160 each from tire rack) Pretty impressed with gravel bite and wet braking so far. Hope to test snow-ability within the next 60 days. Ran BFGs on K5 years ago, wore well but its a stale design today.

It seems like they work fine in the snow.
kdk_0553.jpg

Too late, but I'd go with the BFG ATs. Had them on my pickup, have them on my 60. Best AT tire out there.

I am also looking at the GY Dura Tracs in 275-70-18 or 295-65-18. They look awesome!

But now I am torn because Nitto just released the Trail Grappler in sizes 295-70-18 (34.5") and 285-65-18 (32.8"). and they are getting great reviews.

Decisions, decisions...

But now I am torn because Nitto just released the Trail Grappler.....and they are getting great reviews.

They look great, but have no siping in the treadblocks. No problem if you live in a no snow zone. But may be a big issue if you get solid water 3 months a year. DTs are heavily sipped and are designed for snow performance

yes, the DTs are siped all over the place which is really nice. i was originally set on getting those BFGs since i know how reputable they are and how they perform; but i got the DTs for $200 per tire vs. $240 for the BFGs. Plus, I haven't seen anyone else rollin' with the DTs, while everyone else's got BFGs.

kelly tires

Just had a set of 265/70r17 10 ply Kelly TSR's put on my 2005 tacoma and I gotta say it made it a totally different truck. We have plenty of snow and ice on the roads now and I put them through the paces and they performed great. I took them up to a 100mph and I could hear the radio fine the road noise is pretty good for a tire this aggressive. They are made by goodyear and cost about $55.00 less per tire for the 10 ply. I have cooper st 6plys on my 99 cruiser and have had excellent wear and they grip the snow and mud pretty good too. I'll post some pics of the taco later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom