GX470 with Tacoma suspension question. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all I am a noob when it comes to suspension, but I have researched this and not found a definitive answer.

My air bags are beginning to fail so I want to refresh the suspension. I found 3rd gen Tacoma front and rear struts (no front springs) for $75 that are basically new. I know some people don’t like using Taco struts but I’ve seen it work from a lot of other GX owners.

My plan is to add the bushing to the rear struts.
OME 2884 Spings up front.
OME 2895 Springs in rear.
Airbag delete kit.
Moog coil spring isolators.
Top hats from my GX.

My biggest question is will the OME 2884 front springs fit on the Tacoma front struts? Overall thoughts?

Thank you!

OME spring fits stock shock design except for the new Nitrocharger Plus line. The new Nitrocharger plus use bigger diameter bottom seat.

The damping Curfe for leaf spring are different than for coil. It would be less ideal than one designed for coil spring. The front are under damping too due to Tacoma lighter weight.

Find one from 5th gen 4runner. Weight wise they are identical to stock GX470 at around 4800 Lbs.

When I first got my GX I swapped out the front strut with Taco Bilstein struts and added 3/4 spacer. I roughly got 2.5 of lift. The front is a direct bolt on. The top hat doesn't need to be changed. I did use the rear Taco Bilstein shocks too and switched out the bottom bushing. I don't recommend you use those shocks the GX is too heavy in the rear. Th rebound was awful. I bought Dobinson monotubes for the rear along with springs.

When I first got my GX I swapped out the front strut with Taco Bilstein struts and added 3/4 spacer. I roughly got 2.5 of lift. The front is a direct bolt on. The top hat doesn't need to be changed. I did use the rear Taco Bilstein shocks too and switched out the bottom bushing. I don't recommend you use those shocks the GX is too heavy in the rear. Th rebound was awful. I bought Dobinson monotubes for the rear along with springs.
Did you do the rear spring conversion or keep it on airbags in the rear?

OME spring fits stock shock design except for the new Nitrocharger Plus line. The new Nitrocharger plus use bigger diameter bottom seat.

The damping Curfe for leaf spring are different than for coil. It would be less ideal than one designed for coil spring. The front are under damping too due to Tacoma lighter weight.

Find one from 5th gen 4runner. Weight wise they are identical to stock GX470 at around 4800 Lbs.
Thank you for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom