GX470 steering wheel vibration at highway speeds and fancy stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up my GX470 a few days ago and am slowly learning the vehicle. One thing I have noticed is steering wheel vibration at 55-65 mph, any speed before or pass those speed, the truck drives smooth. I've been busy with work and haven't had the time to take a look at the tires closely. Its on basic stock passenger tires. I am wondering if its needing an alignment or tire rebalancing?

Unfortunately, I have the navigation screen and good god, it takes time getting used to. Half the buttons are on the screen and half are actually buttons on the dash. Not sure if I like it, but it's tolerable for now. I also noticed a long beeping sound getting out of the car this morning, key was out of the ignition, headlights off, but left the door open for 30 secs as I was gathering my things. Not sure if my family didn't fully close the passenger doors or trunk. Wonder what that is?

As "dated" as this truck is, it sure has all these bells and whistles that I need to get used to coming from an FJ Cruiser that's simple and more utilitarian.

that beeping is probably leaving a door open and hitting the lock button. Either close the door or hit the unlock button to silence it.

I had a similar vibration when picking my gx up down in Florida. Looked at the vehicle history and noticed the PO was dealing with same issue. Upgraded to wheels and tires and vibration is gone. I’m guessing my issue was the wheel(s).

that beeping is probably leaving a door open and hitting the lock button. Either close the door or hit the unlock button to silence it.

I had a similar vibration when picking my gx up down in Florida. Looked at the vehicle history and noticed the PO was dealing with same issue. Upgraded to wheels and tires and vibration is gone. I’m guessing my issue was the wheel(s).
I took the rig down to the tire shop and found it two tires weren't balanced. After a rebalance, all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom