GX470 Rigid Industries Reverse Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m wondering if anyone has knowledge on how deep the rear license plate panel on a GX470 is. I’m thinking of using some Rigid Industries flush mount LED’s to do a “stock” or “well-blended-in” look for some rear lighting. Chime in please because I’m too scared to cut without being sure it will work, I cut up my a-pilar plastic cover in my 80 series once to mount a tweeter and the depth kept it from working so I get to look at the missing cover every time I drive it. Not going to make the same mistake again :hillbilly::beer:
44F7E660-22FB-4306-88E4-ED8B1EBA5B15.jpeg

Here’s the front to give an idea of the “stock” look that I’m going for, I was inspired by the Rigid Ford Raptor setup and almost bought that Rigid mount for the Raptor to do it but I found a better (cheaper) way.
DE01867A-6C95-4F30-9F5A-8B5442B1A58A.jpeg

There are a lot of reinforcement. Not really sure how deep. It's easy to remove the inner trim. There is only a couple screw that hold the basket strap. Remove the handle clip and the rest are just snap on clips.

I did the bumper since it's already cut anyway. I only use cheap auxbeam led. Don't feel the need for high performance backup light. I update the backup camera when I did the non nav conversion and pretty much does not need the extra lighting any more.

IMG_20200117_164317__01__01__01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom