GX470 KDSS Shutter valve location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked a several threads here and on GXOR on FB, including one I posted that didn't get much traction. I'm confused about which are the "shutter valves" that should be opened 1.5-2.5 turns before installing a lift (or when trying to fix lean) on a 2005 GX470. Some people have said the regular looking bolts in "Stabilizer Control Adapter Sub-assy" (2nd photo) and some have said the allen bolts in what I believe is the "Stabilizer Control Valve" (3rd photo). Does anyone have a a definitive answer?

kdss adjustment.png

Control sub assembly.jpg
control valve.jpg

These two screw facing up when you look from below the vehicle.

control valve__01.jpg

The other fitting is fill valve.

That does not look bad. Give it a try first. No more than 3 turns.

If you don't have a lean you don't have to do that.

The other fitting is fill valve.

That does not look bad. Give it a try first. No more than 3 turns.

If you don't have a lean you don't have to do that.

Cool, thanks. I do have a bit of a lean, but more importantly I'm getting ready to install an Eibach pro truck lift and read that it's a lot easier to install if you loosen these. I had read a couple of horror stories about stripping the shutter valves, but then had someone tell me it was actually the hex bolts so I was hoping it was that, or that either would allow the system to move. I've got some kroil coming that I plan to hit them with before trying to loosen them.

My stabilizer control valves are like the diagram. They’re on top and very difficult to reach. The first picture is from below my car and the second picture is from sticking my camera up as high as it could go and looking down. Any ideas anyone? I guess I’ll just have to change the front struts the hard way and wrestle with the large sway bar!

76473C03-729B-4244-A727-B68BD3F364C8.jpeg

5562A435-AD87-4C36-ADAD-D32286994F38.jpeg

Honestly, I'm not sure how much difference loosening the valves actually made. Ultimately a 6' pry bar pressing down on the LCA did the trick. (Front edge of the pry bar under the inner part of the LCA and then the bar resting on the outer part, then I sat my fat ass on it. Be careful because it can slip pretty easily.)

Honestly, I'm not sure how much difference loosening the valves actually made. Ultimately a 6' pry bar pressing down on the LCA did the trick. (Front edge of the pry bar under the inner part of the LCA and then the bar resting on the outer part, then I sat my fat ass on it. Be careful because it can slip pretty easily.)
I'm not sure I follow the difference between the "inner" and "outer" part of the LCA.

Also, those are 10mm hex bolt. At least, they were on my 2006 GX. And they were a pain in the butt to get to for clearance issues.

When I did my lift install I loosened the 14 mm bolts, not the hex bolts, which are unreachable on my 2006. They face upwards.

I got my Dobs lift from Treaty Oak Off Road and was told to loosen the valve screws which are pointed out by the left red arrow in the diagram in the OG post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom