GX470 Icon Suspension and Cabin Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running the Icon Stage 2 setup and what is everyone doing for their Cabin storage? Are there any aftermarket items that add storage pockets to the side of the center tunnel? I have the rear DVD and CD changer so my usual storage space is about full.

I have the entry ICON. I built my own cabin storage in conjunction with the side window molly panels. Not too difficult with average carpentry skills and carpet from Lowes.

Icon stage 2 with timbren bump stops and it’s great. Any big bumps are completely dampened. You do feel more of the small imperfections in the road but it’s a trade off that I was looking to make. Might have gone all out and got remote reservoir if I did it again

Icon stage 2 with timbren bump stops and it’s great. Any big bumps are completely dampened. You do feel more of the small imperfections in the road but it’s a trade off that I was looking to make. Might have gone all out and got remote reservoir if I did it again

Awesome, thank you. I'm going to have to wait a while to put everything on. The wheels I ordered are 6-8 weeks on back order and the tires 2-4 weeks on back order. I guess all the COVID stuff is still causing a ton of issues with manufacturing.

Awesome, thank you. I'm going to have to wait a while to put everything on. The wheels I ordered are 6-8 weeks on back order and the tires 2-4 weeks on back order. I guess all the COVID stuff is still causing a ton of issues with manufacturing.
Did you ever install the Icon? What do you think about it?

Got icon stage 2 about 15k miles ago, and I’ve been a huge fan. Stock weight - no fancy bumpers or gear yet - except for a pair of rock sliders. It performs remarkably on the road, and is comfortable on the little bit of off roading I’ve done (mostly FS roads).

I was wondering about these multi stage awesome setups. So many things to do to my rig, so much to spend on , just not sure which stage to start with…….

I was wondering about these multi stage awesome setups. So many things to do to my rig, so much to spend on , just not sure which stage to start with…….
Here are the top 5 trail worthy upgrades imho, but you uograde based on what you need and what terrain you want to offroad.

Suspension stages, to me, is just a bundling concept of suspension parts. I followed my own path rather than follow a predetermined brand’s stages.

Stage 2 to icon seems to mean front coilovers, front UCAs, rear coil conversion, and rear shocks/springs.

Also look at this video:

Here are the top 5 trail worthy upgrades imho, but you uograde based on what you need and what terrain you want to offroad.

Suspension stages, to me, is just a bundling concept of suspension parts. I followed my own path rather than follow a predetermined brand’s stages.

Stage 2 to icon seems to mean front coilovers, front UCAs, rear coil conversion, and rear shocks/springs.

Also look at this video:

Thank you, that’s a good start. So may options. Should be fun to navigate through brands, geometry and availability. Good thing I’m not in a big hurry, I’ve Got good tires and get to the beach and some light wheeling.

Thank you, that’s a good start. So may options. Should be fun to navigate through brands, geometry and availability. Good thing I’m not in a big hurry, I’ve Got good tires and get to the beach and some light wheeling.
Don’t get me wrong, icon stage 2 is a really good base package.

My friend is modding his gx460 to explore the outdoors and he started with 5 things I mentioned. He just did tires/wheels (285s), icon stage 2 (front UCAs, 2.5” front body shocks, rear coil conversion, 2.0 rear shocks/springs).

Recovery points and gear have been purchased like straps, rope, boards, and rear hitch shackle.

He’s waiting for the skid plates and rock sliders, but those are back ordered and it’s gonna take a couple months to get everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom