GX470 Ditch Brackets for LP4s. Clearance...?Pictures...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan on adding a pair of LP4s as ditch lights for a 08 GX470. Does anyone have recommendations for brackets that provide enough clearance for the hood to open with these?

After searching online for examples there is not a lot out there. Ive emailed a few companies and am waiting for responses.

I currently am running BD Squadron Pros on a 5th gen with cali raised LED brackets and they would not provide enough clearance to open the hood with LP4s.

Any pictures or feedback with LP4s set up like this would be appreciated.

Once I find the right mounts for them I will post some pictures.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Gonna give these a shot. Hopefully they will work and provide enough clearance to open the hood without contact on windshield with an LP4.

I will post the results. Thanks.

You're gonna need to cover the sides of the LPs if you're gonna run them as ditch lights. Is there a reason you're trying to fit them in that lighting zone?

You're gonna need to cover the sides of the LPs if you're gonna run them as ditch lights. Is there a reason you're trying to fit them in that lighting zone?

Honestly the only reason is because I have a set of LP4s laying around that I was going to put on another build and ended up not. So probably wouldn't be my first choice for A-pillar lighting.

I think BD has a solution for what you are talking about. I think this is relatively new...

LP4 IPT Reflector Covers - Universal - Baja Designs - Off-Road LED & Laser Lights | Automotive, Jeep, Truck, UTV, ADV, Dirtbike - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/lp4-ipt-covers-universal/?sku=299208

In the future, I will probably end up mounting them to a Dissent front bumper I have plans for and replacing them with Squadron Pros for ditch lights. I live in a rural/mountain area in the PNW and they might seem like overkill for ditch lights but I will orient them facing a little more forward to help with forward lighting. I have replaced the factory bulbs with Xenon HID bulbs but the lighting is still pretty bad. Maybe just seems worse coming from my other rig with good lighting.

Anyways, ordered the JW brackets. Will post photos when the come in.

Yeah I feel like the headlights suck on mine still too. Fogs were the best addition I've made. You're probably gonna get some wicked glare from the hood with them facing forward. Definitely curious though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom