Gx470 Comprehensive baseline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got myself GX470 and wanted to start by doing a complete baseline maintenance, because I have a cross country trip planned by the end of summer. I tried browsing the forum but couldn't find anything comprehensive. Could you guys point me in the right direction. Mine has 200k (yes i know timing belt and fluids will be replace).
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! No here too.

Fluids, grease driveshaft, air filter, spark plugs, serpentine belt/tension/idler if needed. check the CV boots to make sure they aren't cracked and wetting the bed. If stock, it should be pretty darn quiet while driving. If not, follow the noises for what needs to be replaced.

Welcome to the club!

If you have no maintenance records on hand I'd do the following.

All fluids:
-oil
-trans
-all 3 diffs
-coolant
-brake system flush
T belt/Water pump
Serpentine belt
Spark plugs
Brake rotors/pads
Look at CV boots for damage/leaks
Maybe check the rear suspension air bags

Thanks for the info. I notices a slight humming and vibration that feels like driveshafts. I will try greasing them to see if that works, but i want to change the ujoints down the road to have piece of mind.

OEM but you can’t buy them assembled you have to press the wheel hub out of the old and in to the new bearing. OEM wheel hubs are NLA but you can buy “assemblies” from “assemblers” that use OEM bearings and aftermarket wheel hubs. Bluepit bearings is one assembler, there are a few on tacomaworld, not sure if any vendor here on mud do them.

I would take a close look at the radiator for any pink crusties which would indicate a leaking radiator, usually where the core attaches to the side tanks. Also not a bad idea to replace the alternator while you are doing the timing belt. Both the radiator and alternator only add a few steps to the timing belt job, but require quite a bit of dissasembly to do on their own.

Do the secondary air injection pump bypass if you haven't already. I also installed the block off plates even though my system never failed.

Do the secondary air injection pump bypass if you haven't already. I also installed the block off plates even though my system never failed.
Why is that done? Could you send any reading about that?

google a guy named slyfox75 for the bypass and you will see why it's needed.

For your initial maintenance, it's called Stage 0 and again google is your friend for it.

Adding to greens list above:
- PCV Valve
- Gas Cap bc they do go bad and throw a code
- Clean throttle body and MAF sensor, for the MAF only use MAF safe cleaner

It is done because the system is many years old and known to have issues with the filter disintegrating and clogging the solenoid valves causing $$ to fix. It is cheap insurance.

It is done because the system is many years old and known to have issues with the filter disintegrating and clogging the solenoid valves causing $$ to fix. It is cheap insurance.
Hey, so upon further research i found out that its only for vehicles from 2004 and onward. My GX is 2003, does that mean im okay?

It looks like you may be in the clear. I don't see anything for the 2003-2004.

It looks like you may be in the clear. I don't see anything for the 2003-2004.
Yes, this is for the VVTi motors only 2005+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom