GX470 3rd Brake Lamp Assembly (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oddly my 2009 came equipped with a shattered, clear 3rd brake lamp assembly. It appears it is an LED unit and very expensive at that. $229 from Lexus. I have a factory rear spoiler and it is situated on the spoiler rather than on the body.

I laughed when I saw complete new spoilers on eBay for $130 or a used OEM lamp for $163. 2006 06 Lexus GX470 - Third 3rd Brake Light w/ Org. Screws | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-06-Lexus-GX470-Third-3rd-Brake-Light-w-Org-Screws/323700385355?hash=item4b5e0be64b:g:WqIAAOSw~9JcawZH

Question is: Does anyone know of another Toyota or Lexus vehicle which uses the same LED 3rd Brake Lamp assembly? Kind of like Corolla electric window motors used in Landcruisers.

Thanks in advance. I tried the search function but came up dry, then again this is a big house with lots of nooks and crannies. 😀

Tim

The part # is 81570-60081; got mine for around $100 new on Ebay. Didn't go aftermarket because the OEM comes prewired with the connector for the harness. Didn't want to have to cut off the old one and patch into the aftermarket LED. That connector is super short, almost no leads to cut and then crimp or solder onto a new one.

Thanks, my OEM one is clear, but their price is right! Still curious how it got smashed with no other sign of damage on the rig.

646AFF41-EDC8-4532-8391-B43D699A95E4.jpeg

81570-60081

The part # is 81570-60081; got mine for around $100 new on Ebay. Didn't go aftermarket because the OEM comes prewired with the connector for the harness. Didn't want to have to cut off the old one and patch into the aftermarket LED. That connector is super short, almost no leads to cut and then crimp or solder onto a new one.

The part # is 81570-60081; got mine for around $100 new on Ebay. Didn't go aftermarket because the OEM comes prewired with the connector for the harness.

The part # is 81570-60081; got mine for around $100 new on Ebay. Didn't go aftermarket because the OEM comes prewired with the connector for the harness. Didn't want to have to cut off the old one and patch into the aftermarket LED. That connector is super short,

Lots of hits on eBay for sellers from the UAE, United Arab Emirates when I searched the part number provided. Makes sense as there are probably tons of these rigs over there. I agree going OEM and keeping the stock plug seems ideal. I could handle a $100 for a Light about the size of a popsicle stick!

Do you recall if your parts came from the UAE? Bet it takes a while to arrive.

I don't think 81570-60081 is the right part number for the light on the spoiler. It looks like it's the brake light for GX's without the spoiler.

It's entirely possible that the spoiler brake light is not available as its own part number -- only as part of the entire spoiler.

I don't think 81570-60081 is the right part number for the light on the spoiler. It looks like it's the brake light for GX's without the spoiler.

It's entirely possible that the spoiler brake light is not available as its own part number -- only as part of the entire spoiler.

After looking more closely on OEM parts sites I concur. 81570-60081 appears to be the parts number for the center brake lamp on GX470's without a spoiler. I am specifically looking for a clear, LED based unit which attaches to the OEM spoiler.

Sorry, misread what you were looking for. Now that I see the pic, yep going to be tough to find a replacement for that. I would measure it up and look at the aftermarket LED strips to see if any match up. The wire feeds through a hole on the back door to where the third light mount is on the body, still uses the connector, but hopefully you can salvage that off the old one.

Might be less effort to get a replacement spoiler with the light included

I order primarily from UAE parts sellers, and they arrive same week typically. It continues to blow my mind how quickly it happens.

ordered a new ac vent for the passenger side (somehow mine cracked) last Saturday. Part got to me yesterday. Most I’ve waited is 2 weeks.

Good to know! I wasn't aware as I've never purchased anything on eBay from the UAE. Thanks for heads up.

Sure thing. No clue how they have oem parts so cheap, but the deals are great. I got the black window trim online, new end cap for the roof rack after a disastrous trip to the car wash, the heater vent, and a heated seat switch. Basically anything I don’t need that weekend.

Well the new replacement light arrived and looks decent. Lit up bright when tested on the bench. However, the screws holding the OEM lamp to the spoiler appeared welded in place as they were so tight. I’ve tried lots of persuasion to get them out. Steady pressure with a #2 screw driver, has still started to open the Phillips heads to the point a #3 worked better. Heated the end of a driver with a Torch and held it against the screw, just in case there was Loctite in play. I was able to get three or 4 turns on them and got the light to loosen. I suspect the screws must be running into a steel body clip which I bet is super rusty. I was able to gently pry the housing down enough to fill the area around the screw with WD40.

12 hours later, tried again and no dice. Going to give it another day or two and then drill the heads off the screws. Crazy, it is just a plastic light screwed into a plastic spoiler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom