GX460 vs. lc200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey The Rock is back:D

200's are way better looking in everyway except maybe the back!!!

Coming from a Land Rover LR3 with all rear seats that fold flat, I can tell you that I much prefer the LC setup. Don't get me wrong, the fold flat is great for a few things; however, what I found is that it is such a pain to fold flat, I rarely did. See, you will likely have a mat over the 3rd row when it is folded. Then you will likely have things on the mat like storage box, etc. IN addition, you may have tie down straps that you need. . . The problem is, is to simply use just one of the 3rd row fold flat seats. . .all that stuff has to come out of the truck.

As I said, now that I have owned both, I much prefer the LC set up. In my 2013 LC, the mats and gear in back is all designed to be able to stay in place whether the rear seats are up or down. It is a game changer. I rarely used the 3rd row in my LR3 because it was such a hassle. Now I always do in my LC.

Actually, in the post above, I meant it is such a pain to go from folded flat seats in the 3rd row to up. Getting them up is the pain.

We were considering the GX460 but ended up buying an LX570 for the extra towing capacity and the split tail gate. We REALLY hated the massive barn door on the GX460 - surprised this was not changed in the redesign.

TioChachie what did you end up doing?

I really considered the GX line before getting the 200, and then it was up against the 570. The slightly smaller size of the GX would have been a plus in the urban environment, but after our first serious road trip, really glad to have the space in the 200. Also as mtnracer said above, the barn door vs. the spilt gate, the split gate wins hands down. I've hauled more crap in the back of my 80 with the split gate in various configurations, simply not possible with the barn door on the GX.

If you take the "utility" out of the SUV what's the point?

WP_001456.jpg

everyday see a ton of GX, 100s, LXs and 200s in Austin and Houston, very popular the major cities in Texas in general (small towns all like their Chevey Silverados and F250s). I do not like the front end of the GX at all, but its is nice and has the 2UZFE which is an amazing engine especially on the 120/GX frame...however, I LOOOVE my 200 , even if people ask me if its a Sequoia (AGHHH, no!) or perhaps worse: is that a Highlander? On the topic of woman and GXs: my wife says she wants one, because she likes her friends's GX...so yea, more of a mamma- wagon

I drive them both almost everyday at work and I prefer the LX570/200 hands down. The build quality and the stoutness does it for me. The $$$ though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom