GX460 and Takata airbag recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2010 GX460 that my wife uses to ferry our pile of kids around, and just recently became aware that is affected by the recall. The dealership has said they will give us a rental car, but it really doesn't help since there aren't any 7 seaters. (We have 4 kids in various car seat varieties, oldest in booster) It also doesn't help that I'll be still paying payments in a car that I'm unable to drive, yet still required to insure. They won't have the replacement airbags available until December or later.

What is everyone doing? just driving their vehicles around with the airbag in there? Are people disabling them? What's the best way to do that if so? It took months to decide what vehicle will be best for my family and now it's potentially unsafe.

My GX470 is also in the recall, getting it fixed next week. I have been driving it and haven't touched anything. From what I was told, it's a part that is located in the center stack that has to be replaced and not the bags. The dealer said it would be about 2-3 hours and I would have it back.

Is you airbag light on?

My GX470 is also in the recall, getting it fixed next week. I have been driving it and haven't touched anything. From what I was told, it's a part that is located in the center stack that has to be replaced and not the bags. The dealer said it would be about 2-3 hours and I would have it back.

Is you airbag light on?
Which light? Instrument cluster, no.

In the center console there is a light that says airbag, it is illuminated. When someone sits in the seat with no seatbelt the Off light lights up. When you buckle seatbelt On lights up.

Currently I have u plugged the passenger seatbelt switch and not it says "Off" all the time. There is an airbag light on the instrument cluster now. The 460 has a Takata airbag right in front of the passenger seat that needs to be replaced and there is no estimated date, they just hope for end of year.

looks like your recall is different from my recall, both are for the Takata recall for airbags, but different issues

A lot of places will give you a loaner, at least from many of the vehicles I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom