GROM BT3 reset on ‘05 LX navigation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends,

I have an ‘05 LX470 in which I’ve been using a GROM BT3 Bluetooth module for 2 years with no issues. A couple weeks ago I unpaired my phone and now I’m unable to reset the GROM in order to reconnect phone.

I followed the instructions in the manual and consulted multiple emails from tech support. All of them involve switching from FM to Disc and pressing Scan or Repeat buttons until a low tone is heard indicating reset. Absolutely nothing is working to reset.

I’ve had BT3 units in several other vehicles and they were all simple to reset. The Lexus navi has several Scan & Repeat soft buttons on touchscreen (Scan, Disc Scan, Repeat, Disc Repeat) as well as a hard Scan button on the tape deck. I’ve tried them ALL.

Any advice?
816EFD78-371A-4101-A1B6-909E0A46010E.jpeg
CC90711B-25A6-496C-A839-38DD4F3C68F5.jpeg

UPDATE : After contacting GROM tech support several times and trying various iterations of the same FM->GROM->Scan reset sequences as they suggested, unit still bricked.
I removed the unit from the dash and requested newest firmware version (v39)update... SUCCESS! GROM showed up in my phone's bluetooth list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom