Greeting from Ireland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lcoc.ie
Seasons Greetings

I have been lurking here for a while now so this is a long overdue introduction.
I own a 95 fzj80 with 160k miles, a rare one here in Ireland as there are probably less than 5 petrol 80s here. I have owned it for 7 rears and it has ended up as an expedition build.
Current in the garage awaiting some new suspension, regearing etc...

As pictured its running..
295/75's
Ome 851 and 864 springs
Slee front bar
Custom rear bar
Custom sliders
Custom armor underneath
Hannibal rack
Eezi Awn tent
National luna 90l twin fridge
Custom drawers
On board water and air
Lpg system
Lots of other small mods

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Sweet setup!

Officially welcoming you to the mud! :flipoff2:

Just curious if the petrol FZJ80's are more sought after than the diesel just because they are less common? :)

Just curious if the petrol FZJ80's are more sought after than the diesel just because they are less common? :)

With petrol costing close to $6.90 a gallon and diesel 20 cent a gallon less, there is no demand for the petrol model.
Im running on lpg and its $3.70 a gallon, so my running cost is slightly less than a stock auto diesel. The Irish didn't take to lpg for some reason, very few are running it and availability is poor.

A diesel model sells for about €3k more than a petrol would, in my mind it would take so long to save that €3k by running a diesel its hardly worth it, beside who buys an 80 for fuel economy?, we have 1.3 diesels and the prius for that...

wow a slee bumper overseas I bet shipping was killer!!!

Great looking rig

welcome

Great looking rig

welcome

Yeah, but still the sexiest 80 front bumper no matter what part of the world it is serving duty.

Welcome Nailer, a fine looking rig to be sure.

I shipped two of them at the time, they were flown in, a week after ordering I had them. The cost of getting them here was very reasonable.
Top service from Slee.

One of them recently destroyed the rear half of a Peugeot in Mauritania, the marks in the paint was the only damage

10625085_828931723816851_9027212237433820691_n.jpg

I like that skid plate up front that continues on from the short bus. Any closer pics of it?
Is that one of the custom that you mentioned in your description?

I like that skid plate up front that continues on from the short bus. Any closer pics of it?
Is that one of the custom that you mentioned in your description?

It is, I'll get a picture later.

BLAV5A-700.JPG

This is the product its based on. Mine is cut to suit the slee bumper and sits tight, it may also be a bit longer.
The one pictured is 6mm aluminium, I went with 6mm galvanised steel and standard m12 bolts.
I can jack the front of the truck from the centre of it with no problem.

BLBT8A-700.JPG

I done a direct copy of their transfer and gearbox protection also, again in 6mm galvanised steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom