Green to White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OB-1

SILVER Star
Threads
I know absolutely nothing about paint, so here goes my question:

I have a green 94 FZJ80 that I would like to paint white. (Probably should have just waited and found one already white :bang:)
What would be the best (read:cheapest) way of doing this? I want it to turn out right, so I'll be having someone do the work. Do I need to know the paint code for the factory white?

I'm also planning to bedline the middle portion of the hood (I know..:rolleyes:) and on the roof once I remove the factory roofrack. Would I save any money doing this at the same time?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys might have. :D

You answered your own question. Sell it and buy a white one, it's gonna be much, much less expensive, and the result will be better as well.

You answered your own question. Sell it and buy a white one, it's gonna be much, much less expensive, and the result will be better as well.

:doh:

That's not the answer I was looking for. I guess that would be my last resort.

If I can't get it done I'll probably just keep it the way it is. Still open to any other suggestions.

Learn to like green? Its an acquired taste.......:D

Seriously, to do it right, you need to almost disassemble the vehicle. Money in that you'll never get out.

I like green;)

Ed

Learn to like green? Its an acquired taste.......:D

Seriously, to do it right, you need to almost disassemble the vehicle. Money in that you'll never get out.

I like green;)

Ed

Thanks Ed. Yeah, I guess I can get used to it. I'll just have to convince the :princess: that we need a second LC in white.
I don't think I will sell this one anytime soon since I was fortunate enough that it came with lockers. I'll just have to name it..... "YODA" :grinpimp:.

I'm with you. I too bought a green one because I though I could learn to live with the color. I hate it. I will probably be painting it or just letting the other half drive it until I can find a white one or a moon glow pearl.

I have/am exploring the repaint idea. The argument that you wont get out of it ($ wise is a poor reason) not to paint. Do we ever get $ back out of what we do? Very seldom. If you want it, do it.

The argument that you wont get out of it ($ wise is a poor reason) not to paint. Do we ever get $ back out of what we do? Very seldom. If you want it, do it.

You're right. I'm not really worried about getting my money back, as long as I can get it done within my budget and it looks good is all I care.

You have to remember that your door jambs and inside the hood, etc. will all still be green. Getting everything painted white the correct way would cost more than your is probably worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom