Grand Cherokee - what do I need to know? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am moving to Portugal from South Africa around August this year and have been eyeing out the Grand Cherokee's there which seem to be very well priced, and spacious enough for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 golden retrievers. Cars seem to be very expensive in Portugal with double taxation.

I have no experience with anything other than Land Cruisers - having had a 60, 80 and 100 series, all of which I've worked on myself where possible - so not scared to get hands dirty. And I believe you can import parts from the US without tax.

Would appreciate any honest feedback of which year / model / engine / gb etc. to look for, and any issues to check out for when buying, and any preventative maintenance if I do get one. Or if this knowledge exists here a nudge in that direction.

Thanks.

Hi all, I am moving to Portugal from South Africa around August this year and have been eyeing out the Grand Cherokee's there which seem to be very well priced, and spacious enough for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 golden retrievers. Cars seem to be very expensive in Portugal with double taxation.

I have no experience with anything other than Land Cruisers - having had a 60, 80 and 100 series, all of which I've worked on myself where possible - so not scared to get hands dirty. And I believe you can import parts from the US without tax.

Would appreciate any honest feedback of which year / model / engine / gb etc. to look for, and any issues to check out for when buying, and any preventative maintenance if I do get one. Or if this knowledge exists here a nudge in that direction.

Thanks.
Hey,

What I would suggest is taking a peek over at www.jeepgarage.org as it’s a Jeep focused site. As for recommendations, it really depends on what you planning on doing. I’m a big believer of having the Hemi engine rather than 6 cylinder. If you plan on modding, I’d stay away from the ones with air suspension so that leaves limited and lower trims. I have a 14 grand Cherokee overland and have been happy with it but looking more into changing after 200k miles and 10 years in two different Grand Cherokees.

I have a Grand and love it. Just like anything do the maintenance and keep the fluids clean and should be well. Mine is the 6 and have no regrets.
wk2chief.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom