GPS Navigation Apps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I played a bit with the free version. My concern is that I have maps that are not on tile servers etc. Those are maps I'd like to have on my devices (again specifically australian maps), many are 50+ years old (bush tracks/fencelines, mines, etc) that the ar#ehole australian mapping mob seem to love removing from newer maps.

So, I have a bunch (100's) that are georeferenced files that I'd like to be able to load into gaia and mapbox's limitation on file sizes seem to preclude that. What I was hoping for was a 'converter' that would just take each of my files and convert it to gaia 'format' and then an easy way to load them in.

cheers,
george.

hmm - looking on gaia's site for topo maps etc, they don't list anything for western australia or the northern territory - basically over 1/3 of the oz landmass not covered, and the WA side in particular is what I'm after.
Should probably hit the Au camping forums to find what will work for you there.

Should probably hit the Au camping forums to find what will work for you there.
^ in oz I typically use oziexplorer both on a laptop and phone/tablet. I also run backcountry navigator and that works well. In either case I have absolutely no need for routing - it would be totally pointless on oz bush tracks... I had just read all the positive comments on gaia and hoped/thought it would allow me to do what I want - nada...

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom