Got my Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after lots of internet searching and driving a few dogs, I picked up my Prado today, involving 3 trips from Canberra to Sydney (700+ kms round trip). The 80 made its last trip, still with the random unexplained shimmy. Had a great return trip - Mmmmmm......cruise control.

It's an '01 TX turbo diesel auto, geniune one owner with full service history, it has a TJM winch bar and a Safari snorkel. Used by an older gent for touring, but oddly no towbar.

Does anyone have plans for sliders for a Prado? The aluminium steps are pretty, but....given the size of the erosion ditches the land managers seem to think all our local tracks need, I can see them folding up fairly quickly. I want to build a steel rear bar as well, and need to build a fridge slide and camping box for the back.

....and there's more!!! Suspension for the Prado. Does anyone other than OME (in Oz) make stuff?

Photos coming soon.

as far as suspension, www.sonoransteel.com has a very nice kit that works very very very well on the 4Runner. which is similar to the 90 series Prado. His kit uses almost all Toyota OEM components.

Post pics

Hey Roktruk, good to see another aussie on ere.

regarding suspension there are many that do stuff for Prado

All the big Oz names will do something and most of the small ones to.

I personally use Pedders and have found them OK. They have a shortfall in the lower front bush, but it seams all do as this takes all the front end wieght so cops a hiding. the reason I still use Pedders is thier warrenty service, I cannot fault it.

My suggestion, do heaps of research into finding what works for what you intend to do every day, not just on weekends as all suspension is a compromise.

Have a talk with Darren (ats4X4dotcom on this forum) as he has much info and experiance.

If your not already joined look at

www.lcool.org

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/90scool_aus/

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/90series/?yguid=263872034

http://www.pradopoint.com/

to name a few.

A couple of em you'll have to sign up to yahoo so you can access the psots and other stuff, but they make good informative groups.

I agree about the sliders as I had an original step (one side) replace jsut reciently (insurance job) and it cost $850 (that's one side). OUCH

Roktruk,
Welcome to the world of Prado ownership. A TX you say, you lucky bastard. I've got some plans for rock sliders I made up last year, send me a PM and I'll forward them on to you.

Regards
D.T.

Well, after lots of internet searching and driving a few dogs, I picked up my Prado today, involving 3 trips from Canberra to Sydney (700+ kms round trip). The 80 made its last trip, still with the random unexplained shimmy. Had a great return trip - Mmmmmm......cruise control.

It's an '01 TX turbo diesel auto, geniune one owner with full service history, it has a TJM winch bar and a Safari snorkel. Used by an older gent for touring, but oddly no towbar.

Does anyone have plans for sliders for a Prado? The aluminium steps are pretty, but....given the size of the erosion ditches the land managers seem to think all our local tracks need, I can see them folding up fairly quickly. I want to build a steel rear bar as well, and need to build a fridge slide and camping box for the back.

....and there's more!!! Suspension for the Prado. Does anyone other than OME (in Oz) make stuff?

Photos coming soon.

Good stuff mate and congratulations. Post up pics when you have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom