Got it back...

Skillet

Skillet
Visit site
New 4:88's and I am happy.

Need to take it wheeling for the real test.

Problem: Speedo is way out of wack...

I know, been covered. Simple fix?

Already put back the original speedo gear but I am still 8 - 9 mph out of wack at 60 mph.

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star
Visit site
I think there is a fairly cheap "yellow box" mod for the speedo. I opted for Marks 4WD unit from Slee. Was about the easiest mod I have done yet, plug and play.

Visit site
I still have mucho tread left on my 305's.

Ouch! I did that for the winter, when we mostly just have around town driving, and it was tolerable, but when I got on the highway...:eek:

I'm happy to have 315s for the summer, but when they wear out, I'm thinking finding something that's 36-37".

The gears definitely make the rig happier on the trails (and the driver too).;)

Visit site
See, now they are telling you to get really big tires after they told you that 5.29's are overkill. :flipoff2:

Google the Yellow Box. I got mine from Blue Gauges or something like that. It cost $100. The writeup on install is here on Mud, it's a tight space but technically simple install. Just make sure you get the 3-wire (not 3 wires to the unit, that's the unit type itself to work with the 80).

It really doesn't matter to go to 35's, your speedo will still be off. Just correct it and go from there. You can flip a couple switches when you go to 35's. You want it dialed in as your shift points dramatically improve - it makes almost as much difference as the gears do on the highway.

For an extra $100 and some saved knuckle skin get the Mark's adapter from Slee.

Visit site
You winnie....Running 33's w/4.88's...:flipoff2:...Sell those tires and got some 315's, thats obviously why you regeared....FWIW, your speedo will be off by about 3mph with 4.88's+35's and no speedo correction......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom