Gorilla winches???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone using a Gorilla winch? They sell 10,000# Gorillas on Ebay for $329 new. They must be junk right?

probably same scenario as usual:

- better a cheap winch than no winch (if you don't take more risks)
- won't be as good as a Warn or big name, very likely
- so depends on the $$ for you

probably same scenario as usual:

- better a cheap winch than no winch (if you don't take more risks)
- won't be as good as a Warn or big name, very likely
- so depends on the $$ for you

X2. If you actually need it, you're REALLY gonna need it. :cheers:

My buddy's been running the HF 8000 lb. winch for years, and it continues to get him out of trouble.

What is the big attraction to the 8274's guys? I'm sure they are better than the planetary gear systems, but I just lost an auction on a 20 year old one for $425 + $75 shipping! I just don't get why they go so high. I'm going with a Gorilla I think. I can get a 10,000LB Gorilla with a fairhead and a remote, brand new, for 325 plus shipping, just seems to cheap to pass up. I'm not really a hard core wheeler. My rig is capable of getting stuck big though, and I do feel a little vunerable when wheeling without a winch, but If I used it 2 or 3 times a year i would be surprised. It might be a mistake, but if I find a cheap 8274 later I can always buy it and sell the Gorilla used. Hell, I should be able to get at least 300 for a used 10,000LB winch I would think!

Am I missing something? Guess I'm just a tight ass!

What is the big attraction to the 8274's guys? I'm sure they are better than the planetary gear systems, but I just lost an auction on a 20 year old one for $425 + $75 shipping! I just don't get why they go so high. I'm going with a Gorilla I think. I can get a 10,000LB Gorilla with a fairhead and a remote, brand new, for 325 plus shipping, just seems to cheap to pass up. I'm not really a hard core wheeler. My rig is capable of getting stuck big though, and I do feel a little vunerable when wheeling without a winch, but If I used it 2 or 3 times a year i would be surprised. It might be a mistake, but if I find a cheap 8274 later I can always buy it and sell the Gorilla used. Hell, I should be able to get at least 300 for a used 10,000LB winch I would think!

Am I missing something? Guess I'm just a tight ass!

I'm agree that a winch of any nature is better than none. Personally my rigs came with the factory PTO's so I'm no expert, but from the dozen or so threads on here the old 8274's hold their value and are battle proven from what I've read. I gotta say the 78 I bought a few months ago has the 8274 on it from the factory as an option and I really like it. :)

I gotta say the 78 I bought a few months ago has the 8274 on it from the factory as an option and I really like it.

8274 from the factory? So that might be why everyone wants them huh? Thats the first time I've heard that.

I figure if I go with a cheap winch I need to get at least a 10,000LB rating. I know an underpowered winch is a problem! Like I said before, I could buy a cheap winch now then wait til I come across an 8274 later, and sell the cheap one.

8274 has a long reputation for reliability and strength which is its appeal + it looks cool with the high profile. $425 + $75 shipping? Maybe we should talk.

I picked one up recently and am now questioning if it's the right one for my 62. It will fit w/o any major problem but I'm thinking a low profile may be better.

I'm on the fence but really like the old 8274 :confused:

:cheers:

$425 + $75 shipping? Maybe we should talk.

Just PM'd ya Red Cruiser.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom