GoPro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
Seeing how some of the others threads have now been closed I wanted to make a new one for go to info on these little cams.

Mounting:
What are you guys using or have fab'd up?
Adhesive, will it harm anything you stick it to?
Suction setup, how cams have you lost on the trail?
Bar Clamp? can't use on my truck.... with making something.

Video Capture:
Dirt/Dust? I imagine being pretty water tight is non issue, but everything gets a solid coat of fine clay dust crap where we wheel.
Rock chips?

Just tossing out thoughts since I got mine. I don't have any of the answers but just I would start here for a goto mud page for these fun little guys.

:steer:

Pictures of your mount setup encouraged ;)

For what it is worth i have used the suction cup mounts on race cars doing 170+ and never had one fail. High frequency vibration like that is MUCH more of a problem than low speed jarring for the most part.

For what it is worth i have used the suction cup mounts on race cars doing 170+ and never had one fail. High frequency vibration like that is MUCH more of a problem than low speed jarring for the most part.

x2. Just finished a weekend racing our crapcan at Summit Point. We installed the suction cup on the windshield Friday and removed it Sunday. 3 days of track time (16 hours all told) in a '86 VW GTI - no issues. I've seen some of the footage - no vibes from the camera mount.

Nick

What are you guys using for getting the vid's to interwebs. The software from gopro seems to do ok, but makes pretty huge files. I ended up using adobe premiere, but over complicated and over kill just to make some little footage goto the web.

I use premiere pro. But you can use adobe media encoder to just render your raw file to something smaller/useable.

I use premiere pro. But you can use adobe media encoder to just render your raw file to something smaller/useable.

Thanks! I have the CS4 suite. Just not that good at premire yet.

Practice practice practice;) check out the youtube tutorials too. There are a ton of great how-tos on there that will save you boatloads of time.

i am using power director, fwiw seems capable in my n00b hands...

OP: I use mine with the suction cup no problem. Ive even used the suction cup on the wing of the Cessna 206. I use a piece of bicycle shifter wire to prevent it from falling off from the car or the plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom