Good Or Bad deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi i found a 1992 HDJ81 for sale and was wondering if it was a good price? (it will be my first ever cruiser) Also i live in canada if that makes a difference.

1992 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER VX LTD
AUTO,TURBO,DIESEL ,4200 CC, 6 CYL, 4WD.
EXCELLENT CONDITION. NO RUST, NO ACCIDENT.
PS,PW,POWER LOCK, POWER MIRROR,POWER SUNROOF,CENTRAL DIFF LOCK,CLIMATE CONTROL.
RIGHT HAND DRIVE
145,000km
BEB not replaced
New 33" BF A/T

The pic's look very good!

asking 15,500.00

thanks for the opinions

Cheers!

Last edited:
If you get it replace the BEBs RIGHT AWAY

Parts for the BEB are about $100 if you have a shop do the work it will be about $1K.... if you can do it yourself obviously you can save some cash! Be careful when buying these things. They always seem to need more work then not. Mine needed the BEB, and then i spent another $1500 getting the fuel pump rebuilt. I have heard of guys needing to spend a lot of cash on these to get them to run right. I know you can do the same on any used vehicle, so take my opinion for what it is worth.

I would be sure that it has been in Canada, and driven for a while (through the winter)... to me that would tell you that things worked through the cold etc.

anyway....... just my 2 cents, I am sure for every one that has spent a bunch of extra cash that there are those who have barely spend a dollar

Good luck!!

I'm stumped (or is it hungover?)

At the risk of sounding as dumb as I look, what are BEBs? I am drawing a blank . . . .

Big end bearings;)

Steve (Wussypup?) has done a D.I.Y. thread, I believe, if you do a search.

Good luck!

Thanks Mot.

I didn't know the 4.2's had this problem. Then again, if it's not 25+ years old, I get lost. Are there any other issues with the 4.2's or HDJ81 in general to be aware of?

I'm considering one for my wife soon.

Not that I know of.

Some people might say that you should get rid of the "brush" bar which is commonly known here as the "accident multiplier" though.;)

I like the wheels though.
Are those 15" or 16" and does the spare tire carrier in the back have the same wheel/tire combo? (Not that should be a dealbreaker or anything).

It's the VX model, so should come with the center console cooler/ice box thingy which some people consider nifty.

You and your wife probably is aware, but the driver seat is on the "wrong"/right side of the vehicle. I know some people cannot get over that.

Good luck with your decision/purchase!

BTW, my bro-in-law is from P.A. (I've been to the big town of Saskatoon.;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom