Going Back to Africa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of you don't know that I do Mission work in Africa. I'll be leaving on another trip June 20th- July 9th.

Mission Group= Y-Malawi.com

Our goal is to develop self sustaining economies in the poorest areas of Africa, starting in Malawi (mud hut africa). The model has been used before and works, we have two ADP (area development projects) serving about 80,000 Chachawa people in the Nkoma valley.

The project last 10-15 years and join churches here in the United States with the villages of Malawi. These churches send mission service teams to Build/provide medical training/teach health/AIDS prevention, hybrid farming tech ect.

I hope to finding landcruiser to use this trip, and will post pics upon my return.

Say hello to Madonna for me!

Good work Stan - I admire people like you.

Strong work Stan. You are an inspiration. :cheers:

Sounds sweet! What type of Medical Eduation do you guys primarily give? Who administers such education, MPHs, RNs, or MDs?

Such trips highly interest me. I'm a pre-nursing major currently and I am quite interested in the avenues of International Public Health. When I was 18 I went on this exact trip below.

http://homepage.mac.com/akrummel/helps/iMovieTheater33.html

Sorry to seem as if I am thread jacking but check this, the doctors I went with pitched the idea of making a documentary to Fox 6 in San Diego. The station sent a cameraman to film the whole trip and it played on TV and is now apart of some educational program for Fox and San Diego. Its huge publicity!

Very nice work. Twice a year we send medical teams, (I'm not in that planning loop) if you are interested Contact John Gash, Director of Y-Malawi. His contact info is on the y-malawi site.

What is it that you yourself will exactly be doing over there

I'm a leader on the Vision trips (first 10 days), These trips are designed to show new churches the ADP projects, old and new areas and to outline how their church will fit into the overall plan. I will be scouting out a new ADP (last 10 days) for future Churches the last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom