Giggle Dam Christmas Party Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Investigated Giggle Dam for our Upcoming Christmas Party. Dinner Theatre.

Club will pay $40 per member towards the event. Drinks and merchandise and remainder of ticket price is your responsibility. (not bad for a $20 membership, eh? :) )

Post up your thoughts, we should decide fairly soon.

:beer: Below is e-mail from Lori at Giggle Dam

Hi Rob,

I don’t have an available Saturday , I have one Friday , November 30th or I do have the following Sunday’s :

December 2 or 9th . (4:30pm show start)

Seating is based on the date you have reserved so December 2nd has better seats available ( closer to the stage) , there are only 65 seats left for December 9th so if that’s the one that you want don’t wait too long to book it.

You can reserve now with no deposit required until September 1st ( 10% non-refundable).

Final payment in full and confirmation of the actual number of seats required is due three weeks prior to the reservation date.

I’m sorry there are no group rates or discounts available for the Christmas Show, the cost per person including GST is $61.95 each.

If you have any questions or would like to make a reservation just let me know.

Thanks!

Lori

clip_image002.jpg

I was talking to Kam at the Pacific Gateway Hotel a few days ago and asked her if we
could get back the restaurant at Pier 73 for Saturday, Dec 15. She says she will get
back to me this week.
~Bill

i spoke to Kam today and she is in touch with her manager re the Xmas party. The Pier 73
restaurant has been renovated and renamed The Deck. She is trying to get us into the restaurant
area although the upstairs Sandbar has also been changed. We probably won't have both the upstairs
and the downstairs, rather we would be downstairs all evening. They are consulting the chef re the
menu and will get back to me this week. I requested Saturday, December 15.
~Bill

Thanks Bill, We really need that extra space for our raffle, so I don't think Giggledam will work? I can ask them to see if they have another room available that we could use after the show.

The latest news is that both the Pacific Gateway Hotel and the Giggle Dam locations are NOT
available for our Xmas party. Rob S is currently looking into the S and L restaurant in Surrey,
however there might not be space for the raffle. If we can't pull that together, then we might
even possibly hold the party and raffle at Rob Schulz's place.
~Bill :santa:

We have managed to secure a 'penciled in' reservation at S&L in South Surrey for 30 people for December 1.

Let's discuss at the September meeting this option or others if folks have ideas but we are running out of time as places are booking up quick.

We have a choice of a couple of pre-selected menu options. Information here:

S+L Kitchen & Bar Offerings

S+L Kitchen & Bar - South Surrey

Table for 30 on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 5:30 pm (Happy hour until 6pm, so arrive early and take advantage of drink specials; Club will provide appys)

16051 24 Ave
Surrey, V3Z 9H7

Small world, that was the spot for after work drinks a while back, maybe I can actually make one of these parties.

So we discussed the dinner options for S&L at the meeting on Thursday and decided on the $60 menu option. I haven't confirmed this yet as Jeff suggested the Clayton Pub in Cloverdale because they have a private room.

I checked out their website: Home - The Clayton Public House

And I put in a reservation request using their online form; they will likely give me a call early next week; I'll ask about Christmas Menu options and indeed from the photo, their private room will suit us just fine I think.

I'll post up as I get more details.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom